IT Security questionsnasmere1975
Please answer all 6 questions plus the reason why..
1) Which is not a weakness of a shift cipher? _________________________
a) Natural language letter frequency makes them easy to decode
b) Once you have the code book you can decode the message.
c) The number of letters in the alphabet makes them easy to decode.
d) Once the shift is determined the message is decoded almost instantly.
2) Claude Shannon presented the encryption design principles of _________________.
a) multiplication and factoring
b) exponentiation and Logarithms
c) confusion and diffusion
d) perplexion and reflection
Give reason how and why those help the encryption:
3) A good hash function creates _________ mapping between the source string and the output string.
b) as many as needed
d) one to one
Reason why is it a good function:
4) A number is relatively prime to another if they _____________.
a) have only each other as factors
b) have no prime factors in common
c) only have one prime factor in common
d) are both divisible by 7
5) Repudiation means
a) Faking one’s identity
c) Deny ownership
d) Plant clues in the text
6) (15 pts) The following is a ciphertext:
WSMODAMTSB, STARTKLIOH OL FGM AZGWM USGKOGWL EKGCFOFU AEML. OM'L AZGWM QTTHOFU BGWK MTAD YGEWLTR GF A UGAS AFR DGMOXAMTR MG RG MITOK ZTLM MG AEIOTXT OM, TLHTEOASSB CITF MIT LMAQTL AKT IOUI AFR MIT EGFLTJWTFETL KTASSB DAMMTK. OM OL AZGWM SABOFU MIT UKGWFRCGKQ YGK GMITKL' LWEETLL, AFR MITF LMAFROFU ZAEQ AFR STMMOFU MITD LIOFT.
a) What kind of cipher text is this? Mono- or Poly alphabetic; [Hint: assume one and when that does not work look for the other] [1 points]
b) Describe your cryptanalysis process. List all the steps you went through to decrypt the message. The steps should be in sufficient details so that a reader would be able to decrypt the encrypted text without needing any help from you.
c) State the plain text message in readable form i.e. separating words if required
[the solution worked without the help from online tools will be given full credit]
[If you find solution online or use online tools and if you describe the steps by reverse engineering you will still get full credit]
[If you list partial steps you will get partial credit]
d) List features of the cipher- text that hindered and helped your decryption process. mention of helpful and hindering features [ 2 pts]
Note: Only a decrypted message even if it is correct one without the methodology and the detailed description of the self-explanatory steps used to decrypt, would not get points
- 3 years ago
- Do you believe the company should continue to use a value-based pricing mechanism? Why or why not? If you know the customer group has a high level of price sensitivity, what is your concern with this pricing scenario? c: In addition to the pricing deci
- cover letter and summary
- financial accounting
- PHI210 Discussion
- Can the decision really be reduced to a set of discrete alternatives? Are there some factors that can’t be listed and quantified, such as beauty and morality? Where do the alternatives come from? Are they exhaustive; that is, have we discovered and liste
- DNA Profiling
- YHOMIT 20161016