Interview With a Public Health Professional Overview
Interview With a Public Health Professional
This is a two-part assignment:
- In Part One, you will interview a practicing public health professional using an Appreciative Inquiry approach to gain a better understanding of past and present challenges and opportunities in the field of public health.
- In Part Two, you will create a 2–3 page interview summary, including ideas that might have arisen as a result of the interview.
Before meeting with your interviewee, review the Guiding Questions (linked in Resources) to ensure that your interview will address all of the assignment criteria. Consider reviewing other linked Resources, such as the Public Health Timeline, as well.
Part One: Interview
Use the interview questions linked in Resources to discover what inspired your interviewee to enter the field of public health, what keeps him or her up at night, and his or her hopes and dreams for the profession.
The following exemplifies the use of an interview technique drawn from the organizational development practice known as Appreciative Inquiry (Stratton-Berkessel, 2010).
- Define: choose a positive perspective to focus your inquiry.
- Discover: ask about extremely positive personal experiences. Encourage the interviewee to share a high point from his or her professional life.
- Dream: find out what motivates your interviewee. What does he or she hope to contribute to the field of public health?
You will summarize the highlights of this person's story and the impressions and ideas you gain from the interview.
Part Two: Interview Summary
In 2–3 pages, summarize what you learned and any insights that you gained as a result of the interview:
- Use the Stages of Writing process before completing your summary, referring to the Campus link in Resources.
- Include quotes or paraphrases from your interview notes, making sure to use proper APA form and style in your citations. Take advantage of the linked APA Resources as needed.
- Make it real: include your personal reflections about what you learned from this person. Discuss how the interview affirmed or challenged some of your assumptions about public health as well as any new ideas that come to mind.
- Page count: 2–3 pages plus cover and reference pages.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 points.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current edition APA style and formatting.
- Number of references: Remember to cite all references. Include at least three peer-reviewed sources.
Submit this document as an attachment to this assignment.
Stratton-Berkessel, R. (n.d.). Appreciative inquiry – Overview of method, principles and applications. Retrieved from http://positivitystrategist.com/appreciative-inquiry-overview/
- Public Health Timeline | Transcript
- Interview With a Public Health Professional Scoring Guide.
- Interview Questions.
- American Family: Conducting an Interview | Transcript.
- Guiding Questions: Interview With a Public Health Professional.
- Appreciative Inquiry – Overview.
- Stages of Writing.
- APA Module.
- APA Paper Template [DOCX].
- Quality Assignments
- Rewrick Patand
- Dr. Ameerah
- Teacher Trumahn
- runge-kutta acer
- Malik Tutor
- Dr shamille Clara
- Bethuel Best
- Quickly answer
- American Tutor
- Kelly Jacobs
- Emily Clare
- ANN HARRIS
- Brooklyn Milan
- Jessica Luis
- Gabriella Malk
- Rosie September
- Colossal Genius
- Brilliant Geek
- Angelina May
- Tiny Chris
- kim woods
- Rey writer
- RESPECT WRITER
- Brainy Brian
- Top Grade Tutor
- Catherine Owens
- Dr. Elahi
- Wendy Lewis
- Prof. Kaylinlopez
- Prof. Massarra
- Terry Roberts
- Miss Professor
- Emily Michael
- Stano 001
- Dr. Rocal
- Best of Best
- Academic Mentor
- Casey Celia
- prof avril
- Dr Ava_Mia
- Eva Green
- Phd christine
- Saad Fahim
- professor mitch
- Sophia Miles
- phyllis young
- Paula Hog
- Tutor Cyrus Ken
- Jenny Boom
- Dr Candice_2547
- Dr. Thnak
- CJS 230 Week 5 Checkpoint Objectives of Punishment
- CJS 210 Week 4 Check Point Women and Minorities in Law Enforcement
- Analyze Issues Related to External Factors
- for Ashley
- AED 222 The Life of a Special Education Teacher
- ACC 543 FLEXIBLE BUDGET
- BSHS 441 week 4 Team Assignment Interview With a Social Services Lobbyist
- ABS 415 WEEK 2 ASSIGNMENT CASE ANALYSIS SYCAMORE PHARMACEUTICALS
- CSS 422 Week 3 Individual Assignment - Net Vs Java Comparison
- MAT 222 Week 1 Assignment Solving Proportions