- Review the steps for preparing and delivering an effective speech that you explored in the textbook and in the learning activities.
- Prepare a three to four page sentence outline on a topic of your choice. (Your topic can be persuasive or informational.)
- Use the following checklist to ensure that your speech is effective:
- Choose a topic that is relevant and interesting to your audience, with a clear purpose.
- Ensure that you adequately research your topic.
- Include an introduction in your outline that gains attention and orients the audience.
- Be sure that your speech is clear, vivid, appropriate, well-organized, and powerful.
- Be sure that each main point is supported adequately.
- Create a speech with personal style by asking direct questions and creating immediacy.
- Be sure that your conclusion summarizes your thesis and provides closure.
- The use of outside resources is strongly recommended, and all speeches must be cited using current APA format.
- 2 months ago
- NOT RATED2 years ago