Importance of Becoming a Global Citizengbaralt
Importance of Becoming a Global Citizen
[WLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the A Model of Global Citizenship: Antecedents and Outcomes article and watch the Globalization at a Crossroads (Links to an external site.) video. Go to the Ashford University Library and locate one additional source on global citizenship that will help support your viewpoint, or you may choose one of the following articles found in the Week 1 Required Resources:
- From Globalism to Globalization: The Politics of Resistance
- Globalization, Globalism and Cosmopolitanism as an Educational Ideal
- Transnationalism and Anti-Globalism
Reflect: Please take some time to reflect on how the concept of global citizenship has shaped your identity and think about how being a global citizen has made you a better person in your community.
Write: Use the Week 1 Example Assignment Guide when addressing the following prompts:
- Describe and explain a clear distinction between “globalism” and “globalization” after viewing the video and reading the article.
- Describe how being a global citizen in the world of advanced technology can be beneficial to your success in meeting your personal, academic, and professional goals.
- Explain why there has been disagreement between theorists about the definition of global citizenship and develop your own definition of global citizenship after reading the article by Reysen and Katzarska-Miller.
- Choose two of the six outcomes of global citizenship from the article (i.e., intergroup empathy, valuing diversity, social justice, environmental sustainability, intergroup helping, and the level of responsibility to act for the betterment of this world).
- Explain why those two outcomes are the most important in becoming a global citizen compared to the others.
- Describe at least two personal examples or events in your life that illustrate the development of global citizenship based on the two outcomes you chose.
- Identify two specific general education courses.
- Explain how each course influenced you to become a global citizen.
The Importance of Becoming a Global Citizen
- Must be 750 to 1,000 words in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style resource. (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least one credible source in addition to the two required sources (video and article).
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for an assignment. The Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial will offer further assistance with including supporting information and reasoning.
- Must document in APA style any information used from sources, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s In-Text Citation Guide (Links to an external site.).
- Must have no more than 15% quoted material in the body of your essay based on the Turnitin report. References list will be excluded from the Turnitin originality score.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
- 12 days ago
- Dr. Michelle_KM
- ESSAYS EXPERT PROFESSOR
- Teacher A+ Work
- Michelle GoodMan
- Essays Guru
- Discount Assign
- Amanda Smith
- AllRoundBest Tutor
- Rewrick Patand
- Prof Double R
- Ashliey Writer
- Emily Michael
- Quickly answer
- Dr. Elahi
- Prof. Eliud Peterson
- Dr. Amanda_KM
- michael smith
- Miss Angelina
- Talented Writer
- Brainy Brian
- ANN HARRIS
- Ranchoddas Chanchad PhD
- Stano 001
- Ultimate GEEK
- brilliant answers
- Paula Hog
- Catherine Owens
- RESPECT WRITER
- KATHERINE BECKS
- Megan Tillman
- First-rate writer
- PROF. ANN
- All Works solver
- Wendy Lewis
- Proff work phd
- prof avril
- wizard kim
- Miss Lynn
- prof. mukunga
- Prof. Bierce
- Prof. Celine M.
- kim woods
- Phd christine
- Miss Professor
- Phd isaac newton
- RonnieReagan PhD
- Prof. sigmud freud
- Michelle Owens
- Dr Candice_2547
- Dr shamille Clara
- Dr.Sanam sheikh
- Terry Roberts
- Callie Thorne
- phyllis young
- prof bradley
- Rima Makenzie
- Mss. wendy
- touchsmart solutions
- Agher Editor
- EVE TUTOR
- Coleen Anderson
- Prof Nato(PhD)
- Mighty grades
- Queen Leny
- econ quiz very simple
- This week, we're discussing DSS functionality. Many companies feel compelled to have their own unique spin on how a particular application type should operate, and create their own. Others will change their business processes to accomodate off-the-shelf
- EDU 5
- Lady Taylor PhD: #3 Abused Individuals
- For Roy.Spector
- Statistics( Regression Hw+Excel) Expert's please
- Discussion 002
- ethics assignment
- RES 850 Week 5 Qualitative Analysis
- I need help on just one question
Need assignment done for GEN499 General Education Capstone details & template guide how assignment is supposed to be formatted attached please read & follow all instructions to assignment thanks
5 months ago
- Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the A Model of Global Citizenship: Antecedents and Outcomes article and watch the Globalization at a Crossroads(Links to an external site.) …
Importance of Becoming a Global Citizen2 years ago
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the A Model of Global Citizenship: Antecedents and Outcomes article and watch the Globalization at a Crossroads (Links to an external site.) video. Go …8 months ago
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the A Model of Global Citizenship: Antecedents and Outcomes article ( …a year ago
- NOT RATED
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the A Model of Global Citizenship: Antecedents and Outcomes article and watch the Globalization at a Crossroads(Links to an external …a year ago
- NOT RATED
[WLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Prepare: View the Globalization at a Crossroads (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. series episode and read the article A Model of …2 years ago
- NOT RATED
NEED 9/3/18 Please use attached file to complete assignment Please no plag
Prepare: View the Globalization at a Crossroads(Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. series …2 years ago
- NOT RATEDa year ago