Before you begin work on this assignment, be sure you have read the Case Study and reviewed the feedback received on your Stage 1 assignment.
As the business analyst in the CIO's department of Maryland Technology Consulting (MTC), your next task in developing your Business Analysis and System Recommendation (BA&SR) Report is to conduct a process analysis. This will identify how the current manual process is working and what improvements could be made to the process that would be supported by a technology solution.
Assignment – BA&SR: Section II. Process Analysis
The first step is to review any feedback from Stage 1 to help improve the effectiveness of your overall report and then add the new section to your report. Part of the grading criteria for Stage 4 includes evaluating if the document is a very effective and cohesive assemblage of the four sections, is well formatted and flows smoothly from one section to the next. For this assignment, you will add Section II of the Business Analysis and System Recommendation (BA&SR) Report to Section I. You will conduct an analysis of the current hiring process and present information on expected business improvements. This analysis lays the ground work for Section III. Requirements of the BA&SR Report (Stage 3 assignment) which will identify MTC's requirements for a system.
Using the case study, assignment instructions, Content readings, and external research, develop your Section II. Process Analysis. The case study tells you that the executives and employees at MTC have identified a need for an effective and efficient hiring system. As you review the case study, use the assignment instructions to take notes to assist in your analysis. As the stakeholders provide their needs and expectations to improve the process, identify steps that could be improved with the support of a hiring system. Also look for examples of issues and problems that can be improved with a technology solution.
Use the outline format, headings and tables provided and follow all formatting instructions below.
Begin with your Section I (Stage 1 assignment) and add Section II. Apply specific information from the case study to address each area.
II. Process Analysis
A. Hiring Process
The table below has been divided into Part 1 and Part 2 just to help you logically work through the table information. One complete table should be provided with the 4 columns completed.) Refer to Week 3 and 4 content on processes and analyzing process improvements. Additional research can expand your knowledge of these areas.
At the beginning of this section, write an introductory opening sentence for this section that addresses what the complete table provides. (You may want to write this after you complete the table.)
Part 1 - To understand what the new hiring system needs to do for MTC, you will first analyze the current hiring process, often referred to as the “As-Is Process”. Remember, a process is a series of steps to perform a task; therefore, think about what the users are doing as part of the hiring process. The stakeholder interviews in the MTC Case Study provide some needed information about how the process is currently conducted, but you may need to make some additional logical assumptions. You will need to combine the steps that each interviewee discusses and organize them into a logical sequence showing the high-level start to finish process. Try to be specific as this will help define requirements. For example, “reading resumes” is not very specific – what is the recruiter looking for when he/she “reads resumes”? (Hint: Resume screening is the process of identifying whether a candidate is or is not qualified for a given position based on qualifications indicated on his/her resume or application matched with requirements in the Job Description for the position the applicant is applying for.)
Then insert into the table the steps that are missing and enter the position title of the person who would perform each step. The beginning and ending steps have been provided for you and should remain in your table. Each process step should be concise and include an action verb. Note: Although different organizations can use different hiring practices, focus on information from the case study to capture key steps MTC uses; these are what the new system will need to support. Incorporating additional steps such as testing, a second round of interviews, etc. may cause you to omit key steps required for MTC’s process.
Part 2 - The overall hiring process has several steps which you listed for Part 1. For each of the steps listed, complete the To-Be Process column in the table describing how this part of the process will be supported by the technology solution to improve the hiring process. Then complete the Business Benefits of the Improved Process column by explaining how this part of the process can contribute to the overall business strategy – think at a higher level than the specific process step. For example, a process benefit might be “receiving an application faster” but the broader business benefit would be “reducing time needed for the hiring process to enable MTC to identify and hire top IT talent more quickly.” For each step, identify the result of using the system, as shown in the two examples. While it is true that the system will speed up each step of the process, think about how MTC or the responsible employees would benefit from using an automated system to perform that step.
The first row and last rows have been completed for you as an example and must be retained and not revised. Insert logical steps that would sequentially fall between #1 and #12. Be sure your table contains a total of 12 steps. Use the examples to help you provide clear process steps and business benefits.
MTC Hiring Process
Responsible MTC Position
To-Be Process – How the System Will Support and Improve the hiring process
Business Benefits of Improved Process (Align with MTC’s overall business strategy and needs.)
1. Recruiter receives application from job hunter via Postal Service Mail.
EXAMPLE PROVIDED – (Retain text as #1 but remove this label and gray shading in your report)
System will receive application via on-line submission through MTC Employment Website and store in the applicant database within the hiring system.
A more efficient submission process decreases time needed to receive and begin processing applications. This will present a positive image to potential employees and help MTC compete for top IT talent.
12. Administrative Assistant prepares offer letter based on information from recruiter and puts in the mail to the chosen candidate.
EXAMPLE PROVIDED – (Retain text as #12 but remove this label and gray shading in your report)
System enables AA to prepare job offer letter by storing the offer letter template and information on each candidate; allows AA to select information to go into letter and put it into the template, which can then be reviewed and emailed to the candidate.
More efficient offer process presents positive image to applicants and decreases time needed to prepare offer letter, and enables MTC to hire in advance of the competition.
B. Expected Improvements - As noted in the case study, there are a lot of manual processes, overwhelming paperwork, difficulty scheduling interviews, etc. related to MTC’s current manual hiring process. A technology solution can address many of these issues. For each of the areas listed in the table below, provide an example of an issue from the case study and how a technology solution could be used to improve that area. Issues and improvements should be addressed in 1-2 clear, complete sentences with information incorporated from the case study. The first one is provided as an example. Note: This is not about the stakeholders' wishes or expectations for the new system but identifying the current issues they have. Some may be explicitly stated in the interviews and for others you may need to apply some critical thinking. (Provide an introductory sentence and copy the table and insert information within.) For explanations of these areas, refer to Week 4 content on analyzing process improvements. Additional research can expand your knowledge of these areas.
(from the Case Study)
(due to use of technology)
(Retain text but remove this label and gray shading in your report)
The Hiring Manager states that recruiting is only one area he is responsible for and he isn’t as responsive to HR as he could be. Therefore, he counts on the Recruiters to help manage the process and keep him informed.
Current manual system causes considerable communication breakdowns and takes additional effort and time to stay on top of the hiring process.
An efficient system with all information in one place, easily accessible via a dashboard, and updated in real time could make his recruiting job easier; and he could devote time to effectively working collaboratively and proactively with HR on his staffing needs.
Communications: Explain how a hiring system could improve internal and external communications
Workflow: Explain how a hiring system could improve the MTC hiring process by providing a consistent structure for each participant to perform his/her part in the hiring process.
Relationships: Explain how implementing an enterprise hiring system could foster stronger relationships with applicants/potential employees.
Formatting Your Assignment
Consider your audience – you are writing in the role of an MTC business analyst and your audience is MTC and your boss, the CIO. Don’t discuss MTC as if the reader has no knowledge of the organization. Use third person consistently throughout the report. In third person, the writer avoids the pronouns I, we, my, and ours. The third person is used to make the writing more objective by taking the individual, the “self,” out of the writing. This method is very helpful for effective business writing, a form in which facts, not opinion, drive the tone of the text. Writing in the third person allows the writer to come across as unbiased and thus more informed.
· In Stage 2, you are preparing the second part of a 4-stage report. Use the structure, headings, and outline format provided here for your report. Use the numbering/lettering in the assignment instructions as shown below.
II. Process Analysis
A. Hiring Process
B. Expected Improvements
· Begin with Section I, considering any feedback received, and add to it Section II.
· Write a short concise paper: Use the recommendations provided in each area for length of response. It’s important to value quality over quantity. Section II should not exceed 3 pages.
· Content areas should be double spaced; table entries should be single-spaced.
· To copy a table: Move your cursor to the table, then click on the small box that appears at the upper left corner of the table to highlight the table; right click and COPY the table; put the cursor in your paper where you want the table and right click and PASTE the table.
· Ensure that each of the tables is preceded by an introductory sentence that explains what is contained in the table, so the reader understands why the table has been included.
· Continue to use the title page created in Stage 1 that includes: The company name, title of report, your name, Course and Section Number, and date of this submission.
· Use at least two resources with APA formatted citation and reference for this Stage 2 assignment. Use at least one external reference and one from the course content. Course content should be from the class reading content, not the assignment instructions or case study itself. For information on APA format, refer to Content>Course Resources>Writing Resources.
· Add the references required for this assignment to the Reference Page. Additional research in the next stages will be added to this as you build the report. The final document should contain all references from all stages appropriately formatted and alphabetized.
· Running headers are not required for this report.
· Compare your work to the Grading Rubric below to be sure you have met content and quality criteria.
· Submit your paper as a Word document, or a document that can be read in Word. Keep tables in Word format – do not paste in graphics.
· Your submission should include your last name first in the filename: Lastname_firstname_Stage_2
- Miss Deanna
- Aleena Sheikh
- Dr. Ameerah
- professor mitch
- The grAde
- Emily Blunt
- Malik Tutor
- Urgent Tutor
- Asad Ullah
- ANN HARRIS
- Amanda Smith
- Psychology Expert
- Colossal Genius
- Catherine Owens
- prof avril
- Brilliant Geek
- Atta ur Rehman
- brilliant answers
- USH soluTions
- KATHERINE BECKS
- work solutions
- wizard kim
- Dr R Judy Mark
- Miss Lynn
- Tiny Chris
- Rey writer
- The quA+lity
- RESPECT WRITER
- Angelina May
- Jessica Luis
- kim woods
- nadia tutor
- Prof. Kaylinlopez
- Camile Faith
- Phd christine
- Wendy Lewis
- Homework Expert
- EXCELLENT GRADES
- Miss Professor
- phyllis young
- Terry Roberts
- ENS. writer
- Sara Waynes
- Certified Papers
- Quickly answer
- Emily Clare
- Dr Jamlic
- Ultimate GEEK
- Dr shamille Clara
- Michelle Lewis Phd
- Eva Green
- Dr Candice_2547
- Expert Ahmed
- Emily Michael
- AccA Eco Bus
- Harris Khan
- Ph.D A+ Grade
- Dr. Elahi
- Saad Fahim
- Exemplary Writer
- "Course Wrap-Up and Reflection" Please respond to the following: •From the various scenarios presented throughout the course, analyze the concepts of patients’ rights and the overall concerns of physicians and nurses, as they apply to 21st Century Americ
- RE: Introducing my self
- 7 types of customers that go to theme parks?
- SCM Case Analysis: Information Technology
- Biostatistics 10 questions
- Only one page
- NO PLAGIARISM PLEASE, PAYING $15.00 DUE 09/13/16 BY 6:00pm
- VISUAL TEXT
- Business Forum Post (Original Work Only Plz)
- Milestone_FOR REY WRITER
The Stage 2 case study project is due as shown in the schedule. The assignment instructions are attached. The Case Study is posted under Course Resources > Case Study. Use the …