I need answers in 30 minutes
Stuart Hall, author of Capitalism at the Crossroads (2007). Hall cautions,
“Global capitalism now stands at a crossroads: Without a significant change of course, the future … appears increasingly bleak…. Failure to address the challenges we face — from global-scale environmental change, to mass poverty, to international terrorism — could produce catastrophe on an even grander scale than that experienced in the first half of the twentieth century: Constructively engaging these challenges thus holds the key to ensuring that capitalism continues to thrive in the coming century — to everyone's benefit …. By creating a new more inclusive brand of capitalism, one that incorporates previously excluded voices, concerns, and interests, the corporate sector could become the catalyst for a truly sustainable form of global development — and prosper in the process.
1. Using the reference above by Hall, apply his thoughts to what role Philanthropy groups (or NGO’s) like the Gates Foundation could do to address and help solve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Select three goals and provide specific examples. These examples can come direct from your learnings at the Gates Foundation or can come from other sources. Use his words (Stuart Hall) as your reference.
2. Sustainable Cities: Presently, more and more emphasis is being placed on Sustainable City initiatives in regards to future sustainable resource management. Seattle was awarded with a 5 Star Sustainability rating in 2014 and 2015, the highest a city can be rated. Since 2015, Seattle’s Sustainable City rating has declined for a number of reasons. Please give three reasons why Seattle may be in decline (from a sustainability perspective) and explain why this would impact the sustainability of a city. Follow by providing a potential Scenario based solution to the problem by 2025.
· 2a. Reason:
· 2b. Reason:
· 2c. Reason:
3. The Sustainable Development Goals designed by the United Nations are aspirations with targets for improved sustainability around the world. List three SDG’s (Specific) and explain how we measure progress towards achieving them and why these goals are critical to Sustainability on a Global scale.
- Jenny Boom
- Dr shamille Clara
- Wendy Lewis
- RESPECT WRITER
- prof avril
- Phd isaac newton
- All Works solver
- brilliant answers
- nadia tutor
- Miss Professor
- Tiny Chris
- Ph.D A+ Grade
- Dr Stuart Sols
- Social Science
- my math lab homework assiements
- Need someone to help with the below The theory of market economies emphasizes freedom of choice and limited government intervention. The...
- Assignment 2: Marketing of the Acquisition by EDUS
- Assignment 1: Practices Related to Death and Dying
- watch some videos and answer short questions
- Liberty University THEO 104 quiz 4 complete solutions
- Complete question 10 in your textbook on page 578
- Match the chemical formula to its correct name. A.PF5Carbon tetraiodideB.CO2Phosphorus pentafluorideC.CI4Carbon dioxideD.NBr3Nitrogen tribromideE.SiS2Silicon disulfide