Answer all 5 questions individually.
Biostatistics is a very important discipline in public health. Outline the importance of biostatistics as it relates to clinical, medical, and public health issues, and cite examples for each case.
The response must be at least 100 words in length.
What is statistics? What is your understanding of biostatistics and how it relates to statistics? How would you apply biostatistics in the study of public health? The response must be at least 100 words in length.
Explain your understanding of the following study designs, and cite an example for each type of study.
a. Cross-sectional designs
b. Case-control designs
c. Cohort study
d. Randomized study designs
From your perspective, what would explain the conflicting results between different studies of the same disease? The response must be at least 200 words in length.
A study is planned to compare two weight-loss programs in patients who are obese. The first program is based on restricted caloric intake, and the second is based on specific food combinations. The study will involve 20 participants, and each participant will follow each program. The programs will be assigned in random order (i.e., some participants will first follow the restricted-calorie diet and then follow the food-combination diet, whereas others will first follow the food-combination diet and then follow the restricted-calorie diet). The number of pounds lost will be compared between diets. Identify the type of study proposed, and indicate its specific strengths and weaknesses. The response must be at least 200 words in length.
An orthopedic surgeon observes that many of his patients coming in for total knee replacement surgery played organized sports before the age of 10. He plans to collect more data on participation in organized sports from four patients undergoing knee replacement surgery and to report the findings. Identify the type of study proposed, and indicate its specific strengths and weaknesses. The response must be at least 200 words in length.
See attached study guide for reference materials.
- 2 years ago
- Team Essay 5 page response required
- For Prof. Xavier
- Adayana Automotive Case Study · Go to http://www.adayana.com/industry the Web site for Adayana Automotive, an outsourcing company that specializes in training for the automotive industry. · In your own words, thoroughly describe what service
- What value would it be to know that you were going to be training a class of persons between the ages of 20 and 35? Would it influence the approach you would take? How?
- a) What is the probability that the mean price for a sample of 30 H&R Block retail customers is within $8 if the population mean?
- A statistics department only accepts students with SAT-Math scores in the top
- SPSS Worksheet 3: (Two-Way ANOVA)
- The clothing buyer for a chain of department stores wants to be sure the store
- Process Safety Management 4
- Networking with TCP/IP
Reflect on the unit lesson and write a brief summary on how the application of biostatistical principles and theories has affected you in overcoming health-related problems. If you have not been …2 years ago
Biostatistics Public HealthUnit 1 Assessment 5 QuestionsDue: 10/08/20209% Grade Weight75 words questions 1 & 2200 words questions 3 thru 5Please read thoroughlyTextbook: Essentials of …10 months ago