HUM 3710 MOD 4 QuestionsShaungio74
Provide answers to the five essay questions below. (Note: on questions one through four you should not praise or criticize the authors you discuss. The point of those questions is to explain them, not to state whether you agree or disagree.) - 1. What is euthanasia? And what is the difference between active and passive euthanasia? Finally, give a description of Rachels' bathtub example in your own words, and explain why he thinks it shows that active and passive euthanasia are morally equivalent.
- 2. Why does Steinbock believe that the AMA doesn't make the distinction between active and passive euthanasia? What distinction does she think it uses instead? And how does she justify cessation of extraordinary treatment?
- 3. How does Brock justify voluntary active euthanasia? What restrictions would he place on it? And what does he think would be the consequences of permitting it?
- 4. What is Hardwig's "duty to die?" Under what sorts of circumstances does he think this idea would come into play? And what does he think would be its effects?
- 5. Is euthanasia morally acceptable or not? Explain what you believe about when it is moral and/or immoral to perform euthanasia and explain why your views are correct on this issue.
- Answers must be written in Microsoft Word. To submit your answers, click on the link above and in the new page, attach the file.
- Answers should be submitted in a single document, but they should be numbered separately. (The assignment is not a single essay, but four distinct answers.)
- Each answer must be at least 250 words in length. Answers that are too short will receive deductions according to the length policy detailed in the Course Syllabus.
- You don't necessarily need to consult outside sources to write good answers. However, if you do, please cite them correctly, and do not use Wikipedia as a source for any quotations or significant content.
- Each answer must be written in your own words. Any question set containing plagiarized answers will be penalized according to the plagiarism policy detailed in the Course Syllabus.
- See the "Course Schedule" section of the Course Syllabus for the date and time the assignment is due. Any question set submitted late will be penalized according to the late policy detailed in the Course Syllabus.
- 5 months ago
- Bonieta 123 ONLY!!!
- BUS 680 Week 6 DQ 1 Evaluating Learning
- From the first e-Activity, select one of the stages of the criminal trial
- HCR 210 Week 8 Assignment Releasing Protected Health Information
- Please help me solve the attached question
- 1. Philosophers who believe that truth can emerge from the careful use of reason are known as
- PCN 530 Topic 8 DQ 2
- for Dr. Smith Kevins