- You are a new administrator at Jonestown Medical Center. You receive a telephone call from the nurse manager of the emergency room. Dr. Smith, an emergency room physician who is an employee of your hospital, has just reported for duty. The nurse manager suspects that Dr. Smith is intoxicated. What do you do?
- You are the practice manager of Docs R Us, Ltd., a large multispecialty medical practice employing more than 100 physicians. You are conducting a random review of billing for doctors in the practice and you discover that one of the internists in your group who treats mostly Medicare recipients has been checking off the wrong code for her procedures on the billing form. The procedures on the patient record do not match the billing form codes. You pull up her files for the past 3 months and find a pattern of upcoding. When you meet with her to review this miscoding, she becomes very defensive and angry. What do you do? How could you have prepared better for the meeting with the physician?
- You are a new administrator at a hospital, well known for pulmonary medicine. The physicians in the ICU, the ER, and the department of pulmonary medicine have demanded to meet with you about the shortage of respiratory therapists. You stall them for 48 hours so you can gather data. What types of information will you need to collect to have an intelligent conversation with this powerful group of physicians?
- Dr. White ordered an unusual dose of a medication. May Patterson, RN, sees the order and believes it to be the wrong dose. She calls Dr. White, who insists that she give the medication—as written. Nurse Patterson calls you, the administrator on call for the weekend, to resolve this crisis. What do you do?
Give answers and cite a minimum of 2 references (1 can be textbook) appropriately . Follow APA guidelines.
Other questions 10
- 250 words no plagarism
- Health Care Management (Ambulatory Care Admin)
- CSIS 343 Cybersecurity Week 5 DB forum-Zero day attack
- att excel
- develop a 3-page essay proposing three separate and innovative ideas for a new recreation related product or service and write a 2-page news release to raise awareness about their product or service.
- 1/3(45x-18/7)=-25 6/7 what is x
- write a policy for "conflict of interest"
- Research paper Variance Analysis in Lean Accounting
- a car travelling at 22.4m/s skids to a stop in 2.55s. what is the skidding distance of the car? (assume...
- Basic information about Syria