Purpose: The purposes of this assignment are to enhance your understandings in the elements, activities, and impacts of intercultural training and abilities to: (1) analyze various cultural settings in terms of their critical elements, (2) comprehend culture shock and cross-cultural adjustment process and identify ways to prepare for them, and (3) explain the significance of ethnicity, race, gender, class, and sexual orientation in human development and family life.
(1) select a person who has a significantly different cultural background (please focus on ethnicity or nationality difference) from yourself,
(2) draft a list of questions to learning about the difference and how it affects his/her communication and lifestyle and the process of coping culture shock and cross-cultural adjustment,
(3) conduct an interview, and
(4) write a report that mirrors some of the topics addressed in the class with the addition of a section on how this person’s cultural norms compare with your own.
The paper should be no less than 1,500 words (not include cover page and references) as measured by Microsoft Word's word counter. You may start to talk a little bit about the interviewee (no need to reveal the name unless you have his/her approval to do so) and the reason why you decided to interview this individual. Review the grading rubric before beginning the work.
Due: by the end of 10/28/2019 (11:59 pm EST).
* Attachment has three previous students' works on this assignment. They agreed to share their works as examples of this assignment. You may review their works and get an idea of how to complete this assignment. Note that these examples may not all have correct APA format. Please make sure you follow the APA style!
Recommended links to APA:
- https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ by The Writing Lab & The OWL at Purdue and Purdue University.
- http://www.apastyle.org/ by American Psychological Association
- Discount Assign
- Amanda Smith
- professor mitch
- Colossal Genius
- Brainy Brian
- Dr R Judy Mark
- Catherine Owens
- Rey writer
- Camile Faith
- kim woods
- Phd christine
- nadia tutor
- Jenny Boom
- Miss Professor
- UNDISPUTED GEEK
- ENS. writer
- Dr. Vince93
- MathStat Genius
- AccA Eco Bus
- Dr. Elahi
- Saad Fahim
- Supply Chain Management Essay
- What are the positive and negative implications of wireless energy?
- Algebra 2
- to suraya
- Professional Presence Online
- Contract Law Senior Seminar in Legal Studies – LEG499 (Sec. 002016)
- ISCOM/383 ISCOM 383 ISCOM383 Week 4 - Learning Team Assignment - Toyota Value Chain Techniques and Strategies Paper - A+ & Original Guaranteed from an A+ rated tutor!
- MGT/437 MGT 437 MGT437 Week 1 - Individual Assignment - Project Management Paper - A+ & Original Guaranteed from an A+ rated tutor!