History of Design Final Project Milestone One: Journal: Topic Proposal/Thesisant9879
3-2 FINAL PROJECT MILESTONE ONE: TOPIC PROPOSAL/THESIS
In Module Three, you will submit your thesis and exhibit explanation/overview to your instructor for
approval. Remember that the topic you choose must allow you to connect several works of art/design
objects by tracing a particular theme or concept in those examples. You must also include three of the
images you plan to use for your final project and provide full identification and citations for each
image. Make sure to cite these in MLA format.
First, review the Final Project Guidelines and Rubric. Then, write a short paragraph that (1) states your
proposed topic, (2) includes appropriate explanation, and (3) contains a strong thesis statement
(underline your thesis statement).
To complete this assignment, review the Milestone One Guidelines and Rubric document.
And, importantly, here are things to consider while you are making choices of at least 3 works of art
to discuss in your thesis proposal.
Consider social, political, historical issues that live on today, because you have to include at least one contemporary work of art. You will find that artists have been revealing and discussing the same thematic social issues throughout history. Here are some common eternal themes in the history of humanity: LOVE, RELIGION, MORALITY, MORTALITY, SEARCH FOR IDENTITY.
We can explore, for example: artists' attitudes toward: poverty, war, race or gender issues, immigration, propaganda (war/capitalism); or, techniques and materials (development/changes); digital revolution as a result from Industrial Revolution.
When choosing your topic, consider:
• How do the works relate to one another? Is there a solid, not just superficial connection?
• Use careful thought and dig deep!
• If there is more than one culture, is the connection a shared theme or concept?
• Use materials, techniques, or themes as unifying ideas
• Consider that you are the viewer of the final exhibit. Does the exhibit teach the viewer anything?
• What is the main idea that you want your viewer to know about these works and their relationship to one another?
• See each work as part of a dialogue. What is it saying to us? How do we understand what it says?
- 10 days ago
- Urgent Tutor
- PROF. ANN
- Ranchoddas Chanchad PhD
- American Tutor
- Michelle Owens
- Tutor Cyrus Ken
- Kelly Jacobs
- Emily Michael
- Megan Tillman
- Agher Editor
- prof avril
- Brainy Brian
- university work
- Amanda Smith
- wizard kim
- work solutions
- Catherine Owens
- Madam Josephine
- prof bradley
- Eva Green
- Jessica Luis
- Phd isaac newton
- Stano 001
- Prof Double R
- Prof. Massarra
- Ashley Ellie
- Dr Candice_2547
- Casey Celia
- Terry Roberts
- firstclass tutor
- brilliant answers
- Angelina May
- runge-kutta acer
- kim woods
- Wendy Lewis
- Rey writer
- Miss Professor
- Creative Geek
- Bright Grades
- MISS MLUCK
- michael smith
- KATHERINE BECKS
- phyllis young
- Hawks Eye
- Phd christine
- MathStat Genius
- RonnieReagan PhD
- Queen of Brains
- Amelia Iris
- Academic Mentor
- Top Notch Answer
- Mr. Exc
- turtor odengi
- Dr Natasha
- Huma 1500words analysis paper
- Analyze the steps involved in the new product development process and determine which step presents the greatest challenge from a marketing perspective (other than the marketing strategy development step). Explain your rationale.
- Autism and hearing imparied 2 different questions
- F-INV 11
- Human Growth and Development 2
- CIS110 5
- FOR A-PLUS WRITER ONLY
- NOT RATED
This assignment will be submitted to Turnitin®.Instructions
To complete this assignment, review the Final Project Guidelines and Rubric.
Imagine that you are approached by a …8 days ago