For Part 1 of the Unit 3 Exam, read the four documents attached above. Using the documents and the textbook, write an essay answering the questions listed below. Grades will be based on the content of the answer and must be more than 400 words in length. Direct quotes do not count toward the required word count.
Here is the actual footage of Dwight D. Eisenhower delivering his 1961 "Farewell Address" - https://www.c-span.org/video/?15026-1/president-dwight-eisenhower-farewell-address (Document 4 is a transcript of this speech)
Part 1 Questions:
1. In Document 1, how does Franklin D. Roosevelt characterize World War II and the threat posed by fascism and Nazi Germany? Had he survived, do you think Roosevelt would have characterized the Cold War and the Soviet Union in the same way? Why, or why not?
2. Describe the primary arguments explained in Documents 2 and 3. How does Kennan explain the threat of the Soviet Union and communism? How does he characterize the weaknesses of the Soviet system? How do Kennan and the NSC (Document 3) suggest the United States respond to the perceived threat of the Soviet Union and communism?
3. Using the textbook, provide some specific examples of how the ideas in documents 2 and 3 shaped U.S. foreign policy from 1945-1960.
4. In his farewell speech (video and Document 4), what does Eisenhower say about the Cold War? How does his message reflect the ideas from Documents 2 and 3? What warnings does he give for the future? How does Eisenhower's speech relate to Roosevelt's (Document 1)?
- 9 months ago
-Read the four article attached Below.Using the article or the textbook, write an essay (minimum 400 words) answering the questions listed in the attachment below (named question document).
- …2 years ago
There are 3 parts to the Unit 3 Exam. All three parts must be address and all three parts must be submitted together in a single document. Guidelines for each part are located in the links below.
…a year ago
Guidelines for Part 1 of the Unit 3 Exam:
For Part 1 of the Unit 3 Exam, read the four documents attached above.Using the documents and the textbook, write an essay answering the questions …a year ago
- NOT RATED
4 years ago
- Describe the primary arguments explained in documents 1 and 2.