Read the chapters from Hillbilly Elegy (attached below) and answer the following questions.
1. Vance refers to his family as a “clan of lunatics” but also as “hillbilly royalty” (17). Explain this paradox and what Vance means by these two expressions.
2. Did you enjoy the reading? Why or why not?
3. What do these chapters say about the idea of ‘home’?
4. What is the tone of the piece?
5. Choose 2 aspects or ideas from Hillbilly Elegy and explain why you thought they were interesting (or why you did not like them).
6. Reply to at least 3 of your classmates’ posts. Your response must be more than simply “I agree with you” or “This is interesting.” Think about a conversation you would be having in class about this reading.
- 2 years ago
- Due Asap!!
- What are some of the potential advantages of having an employee who represents the predominant workplace demographic (for example gender, age, ethnicity) lead corporate...
- Unit 5 DB
- HRM Labor Law-1,050- to 1,400-word paper, written in the third person voice
- A Pew Internet poll in 2010 asked mobile phone users about how they used their mobile phones. One question asked...
- Legal Memo
- ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY