help with honest work no copied work at all
Week 1 - Assignment
Is It All Good and True?
[WLOs: 1, 2] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
As technology and scientific methodology evolve, concerns about good or valid science or flawed science also evolve. New methodologies and scientific processes must be carefully evaluated to prove validity. Some processes never attain their hype, some initially appear valid but evolving technology and science later disprove them, while other processes never existed and were simply a dramatic plot twist. It is difficult for the average person to tell the difference.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please review the following:
- From the text:
- Chapter 1: Forensic Science and Criminalistics
- Chapter 2: Crime Scene Processing and Analysis and Forensic Technologies
- The videos:
- From the free PDF copy at the web page Strengthening Forensic Science in the United States: A Path Forward (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Findings and Recommendations
- The web pages:
- The article Peer Review in Forensic Science
- These Ashford Library modules:
Scientific evidence must be evaluated by forensic experts through a peer review process, which the courts often rely on to determine validity of scientific methods. Similarly, you must carefully evaluate the validity of the material supporting your work. For this assignment, you must use at least three Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. in addition to the course text. You may also want to review the recommended resources, which may further support your work on this written assignment.
In your paper, address the following:
- Evaluate the evolution of forensic science.
- Identify examples of scientific methods that have been disproven.
- Explain the peer review process.
- Compare and contrast common perceptions to the realities of forensic science.
- Explain the CSI effect.
- Evaluate what impact the CSI effect has or does not have on the forensic field and the criminal justice system.
- Evaluate the impact of junk science, real or perceived, on the forensic field and criminal justice.
The Is All Good and True? paper
- Must be 750 words in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed, and/or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Consider using the “Q” program to conduct your research. Searching for an article from the Ashford Library using “Q”
*Note: To install and access “Q” see Q for Success and the Guide to Installing and Using Q for Success (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Essays Guru
- Amanda Smith
- wizard kim
- Reem Hasan
- Dr Candice_2547
- Discount Assign
- Prof. Celine M.
- Business Writer
- brilliant answers
- RESPECT WRITER
- All Works solver
- Catherine Owens
- Jessica Luis
- ANN HARRIS
- Angelina May
- KATHERINE BECKS
- Rey writer
- Wendy Lewis
- phyllis young
- work solutions
- Dr shamille Clara
- kim woods
- Tiny Chris
- Jenny Boom
- Miss Professor
- Prof Allan
- prof avril
- MathStat Genius
- Urgent Tutor
- Magic Solutions
- Sara Waynes
- Emily Michael
- MGT 307 Week 3 DISC Assessment (pdf).pdf
- Just for professor Ryan
- Assignment - Buyer Behaviour
- Research Paper
- Ethical Perspectives
- Faldo Corp sells on terms that allow customers 45 days to pay for merchandise
- BUSN460 week 4
- Weekly Assignment
- If you were the CEO of a major television network, magazine publisher or newspaper company, what would you be doing now to ensure the livelihood of your company in 10 to 20 years?
- Math Homework 2