healthcare compliance review questions
Module 7 Essay Review Questions
Read chapter 16 of your text. Answer the Discussion Questions on pages 551-552 (questions 1-11) in essay format.
Use a minimum of 2 scholarly sources, listed in APA format. See attached tutorial on APA format.
1. D iscuss the differences between fraud and abuse. D uring your discussion,provide examples of each and how health care managers might deal with them.
2. H ow has the history of health care compliance changed since its inception?(H int: L ook at the ways in which penalties have increased in various ways.) W hat do you think will be the key to getting control of the issue of fraud and abuse in the future?
3. C hoose one of the recent laws that have been enacted that are included in thechapter and discuss why it is or isn’t an effective stop-gap to health care fraud and abuse.
4. E MT AL A is a far-reaching act; explain several of its benefits and describehow it is effective at preventing fraud and abuse as opposed to detecting it.
5. D escribe your responsibilities as a health care manager as they apply to fraudand abuse. W hat if you were a unit manager? A department manager? A member of the executive division?
6. As you try to understand the fact that tens of billions of dollars are lost tofraud, is it the number that is troublesome or the fact that nobody can agree on an estimate? W hat is being done and can be done to reduce fraud and prevent it?
7. Y ou are the new compliance manager for a health care organization.D escribe the steps you will take to ensure that your compliance plan is legal and effective.
8. A physician and his colleague decide to set up a laboratory owned by adummy corporation in their wives’ names and begin to refer patients to this laboratory. W hat (if any) laws have they violated?
9. A psychiatrist bills for 10 hours of psychotherapy and medication checks for adeceased woman. H as he committed fraud or abuse? C an the deceased woman’s estate press charges if the bills were sent to Medicare, and not to the family?
10. An attorney sees a plastic surgeon and is so happy with her face-lift that shebegins to refer all her friends and family. At her 6-month follow-up, she says, “So, D oc, I’ve sent you all these patients, where’s my 30% cut of your fees?” W hat should the plastic surgeon do?
11. W hile working on your homework for this course and surfing the Internet to check out all the fascinating links, you realize the person who manages the branch of the new durable medical equipment company (D ME xcellence) where you work looks just like someone on the O IG Most W anted list. H e even has the same first name! And he has a wife who looks like the woman on the list with him! W hile you really need this new job to help pay your way through school, you have a sinking feeling all is not good at D ME xcellence.
- professor mitch
- Claire Audrey
- prof avril
- Catherine Owens
- brilliant answers
- Prof. Celine M.
- Rey writer
- RESPECT WRITER
- Jessica Luis
- kim woods
- Tiny Chris
- Wendy Lewis
- phyllis young
- Dr Candice_2547
- Jenny Boom
- Terry Roberts
- Miss Professor
- Nancy Drew
- university work
- AccA Eco Bus
- Proff work phd
- Dr Aleena
- Emily Michael
- Payment link
- An additional paper about G&T------------Katetutor!
- A descriptive essy
- business law
- Assignment 1: Applications of the Scientific Method Due Week 4 and worth 160 points The scientific method is useful in problem solving...
- FIN 200 Week 2 CheckPoint Week Two Quiz-8 Questions
- java assignment
- Factors That Affect Cash Flows
- 4th assignment
****see attachment for chapter 9-10****
Read chapters 9 and 10 of your text.
Next, create a 5-7 slide PPT presentation for your staff. The presentation will cover the following,
Module 6 Case Study
***use chapter 15 from book attachment***
The Condescending Dental Hygienist
***use 2nd attachment for guidelines for case study***
Read the attached case study …
Read chapter 17 in your text.
Instructions for this Discussion
***see attachment-chapter 17 begins on page 556******
For this discussion,respond to the following...
Find a scholarly …
Module 3 Discussion
Read Chapter 7 of your text.
***Use Chapter to help answer discussion questions.*** Book is uploaded as a attachment.***
Instructions for this …
Read text chapter 9. Next, carefully read the attached Inter-Systems White Paper, "The Key Challenges Facing Medical Device Manufacturers", offered by HealthShare.
***both materials needed to …
Read and refer to chapter 9 of the text.
***reading material is in attachment***
Write a 2 page essay in APA format that answers the following questions,
1. How has healthcare
Module 2 Case Study - Last Chance Hospital: The Real Picture Behind the Scenes (text chapter 5)
See attached file, "Last Chance Hospital"
Instructions for …
Read chapter 11 and 12 of your text.
******material uploaded as an attachment****
Create a 5-7 page educational PPT. Each PPT slide should be engaging and contain a minimum of 150 …
Module 5 Case Study
Managing the Healthcare Profession.
***see attachments for book and case study directions***
See the attached Case Study and the tutorials for assistance …