Health Promotion in Minority Populations. BY2/16
Select an ethnic minority group that is represented in the United States (American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian American, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander). Using health information available from Healthy People, the CDC, and other relevant government websites, analyze the health status for this group.
In a paper of 1,000-1,250 words, compare and contrast the health status of your selected minority group to the national average. Include the following:
- Describe the ethnic minority group selected. Describe the current health status of this group. How do race and ethnicity influence health for this group?
- What are the health disparities that exist for this group? What are the nutritional challenges for this group?
- Discuss the barriers to health for this group resulting from culture, socioeconomics, education, and sociopolitical factors.
- What health promotion activities are often practiced by this group?
- Describe at least one approach using the three levels of health promotion prevention (primary, secondary, and tertiary) that is likely to be the most effective in a care plan given the unique needs of the minority group you have selected. Provide an explanation of why it might be the most effective choice.
- What cultural beliefs or practices must be considered when creating a care plan? What cultural theory or model would be best to support culturally competent health promotion for this population? Why?
Cite at least three peer-reviewed or scholarly sources to complete this assignment. Sources should be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and public health content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
REFERENCES THAT CAN USE
Read Chapter 3 in Health Promotion: Health and Wellness Across the Continuum.
Explore the resources available on the Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH) page of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. These materials will be useful in completing the assignment for this topic.
Explore the resources available on the Minority Health page of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services website. These materials will be useful in completing the assignment for this topic.
Explore the resources available on the Minority Health page of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. These materials will be useful in completing the assignment for this topic.
Explore the resources available at the Minority Health - Resources page of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. These materials will be useful in completing the assignment for this topic.
Explore the resources available on the Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations page of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) website. These materials will be useful in completing the assignment for this topic.
Explore the Healthy People 2020 website.
- MEERAB NAEEM
- Prof Double R
- Quality Assignments
- Miss Deanna
- writer respect
- Essays Guru
- hifsa shaukat
- Amanda Smith
- Rosie September
- Dr. Beneve
- The grAde
- michael smith
- Quickly answer
- Miss QuA+Lity
- brilliant answers
- Brilliant Geek
- Dr R Judy Mark
- Catherine Owens
- Wendy Lewis
- kim woods
- RESPECT WRITER
- Terry Roberts
- Colossal Genius
- Emily Clare
- nadia tutor
- Eva Green
- Dr Candice_2547
- MathStat Genius
- Paula Hog
- Miss Professor
- university work
- Jessica Luis
- Phd isaac newton
- Jenny Boom
- Stano 001
- Casey Celia
- Rey writer
- prof bradley
- work solutions
- Asad Ullah
- phyllis young
- Master Worker
- Academic Mentor
- Saad Fahim
- Tiny Chris
- Dr. Elahi
- doctor concy
- Stand-Alone Project: Georgia’s Child-Safe Program
- Security Issues
- Current Issue Summary
- Introduction to research
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Create a Powerpoint Presentation
- I want someone to write a one page. .(Budget, $ 3) no plagiarism. I have 12 more pages, but I'll send after seeing the quality of work
Please read the instructions it has two parts the another one it's for next week.
Understanding family structure and style is essential to patient and family care. Conducting a family interview …
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS
Family Assessment Part II
Refer back to the interview and evaluation you conducted in the Topic 2 Family Health Assessment assignment. Identify the social …
Please read the instructions. (references, citation)
Learning styles represent the different approaches to learning based on preferences, weaknesses, and strengths. For …