Learning Objective, you will view the shaping forces and processes of glaciers on our planet.
Go to the tif file (3) in the module. The retreating face of the glacier has been located on the map at various times since 1780. Using the scale on the map measure the rate of retreat for each segment, say 1780 to 1830, then 1830 to 1880. Calculate a yearly rate of retreat for each segment, distance divided by number of years in that segment. Now you can discuss rate of retreat; is it constant over time, is it increasing, or slowing? Where would you predict the glacier face to be today? If we assume the retreat is due to global warming, are we really the cause? Submit a short report.
Determine the average annual rate of recession for the following time periods.
1700 - 1780
1780 - 1830
1830 - 1880
1880 - 1900
1900 - 1920
1920 - 1940
1940 - 1960
1960 - 1980
1980 - 1985
Have the average annual rates been the same? Consider possible controls.
Where will the terminus of the Muir Glacier be located in 2025 if the most recent rates of recession continues?
- 2 years ago
- The Tech football coaching staff
- Help with Humanities Culture and Diversity class.
- A brown-eyed man whose father was brown-eyed and whose mother was blue-eyed married a blue-eyed woman whose father and mother...
- Essay that addresses three key concepts related to the philosophical and historical development of modern science
- Please follow the instructions.
- Income Tax Questions
- Costing Methods
- i need 150 words, original work only, keep it simple
- 2 reflection paper in 1 hour
- 8 years ago