To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment by Week 2, Day 7.
Discussion Question 1
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research elements and compounds. On the basis of your research, respond to the following:
- What are the differences between physical and chemical properties in chemistry?
- What are the differences between physical and chemical reactions in chemistry?
- What are the characteristics that make elements different from compounds? Give two examples of each that exist in the human body and explain their function.
Discussion Question 2
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research any one element. On the basis of your research, provide:
- What are isotopes and how are isotopes distinguished from one another?
- How can isotopes be used in medicine (be specific)? Describe in detail one example of how an isotope is used therapeutically, and describe another example of how an isotope is used diagnostically in medicine.
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the …