For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of the week.
Discussion Question 1
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research acids, bases, and salts that are used in therapeutic processes. On the basis of your research, respond to the following:
- Define an acid, base, and salt as they apply to chemistry.
- State three examples each of acids, bases, and salts commonly used in therapeutic processes.
- From the examples you state, select one acid, one base, and one salt and describe specifically how and where they are used in therapeutic processes.
Discussion Question 2
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research buffered aspirin. On the basis of your research, respond to the following:
- Define a buffer and explain how a buffer works. [Note: be sure to address the role of conjugate salts.]
- Analyze and explain the buffer system in buffered aspirin (carboxylic acid).
- Ashley Claire
- All Works solver
- Catherine Owens
- kim woods
- Brainy Brian
- Dr R Judy Mark
- Brilliant Geek
- Tiny Chris
- Eva Green
- Proff work phd
- MathStat Genius
- Angelina May
- Miss Lynn
- Saad Fahim
- professor mitch