fsmt405 week 1 review questionsfire4ku
Week 1 - Review Questions
Provide complete responses to the following:
- Chapter 1 - Review Questions (page 14).
- Chapter 2 - Review Questions (page 27).
Post as a Microsoft Word attachment. Indicate which chapter and question you are answering in your responses. Be sure to include your name on your submission. To receive maximum points, you should cite references in-text and list them on a reference page per APA.
1. What is the difference between an incident safety officer (ISO) and a health and safety officer (HSO)?
2. In general terms, explain the history of today’s safety officer in the industrial world as well as in the fire service.
3. List and discuss the NFPA standards related to the ISO.
4. What was the significance of the Williams-Steiger Act?
5. Discuss current firefighter injury and death trends and the need for ISO response.
6. How is the firefighter image affected by injuries and deaths of fellow firefighters?
7. What is meant by “hazard MEDIC” as it relates to the ISO’s responsibilities?
8. Describe the safety responsibilities that are commensurate with the following positions:
• Incident commander
• Incident safety officer
• Company officer
References and Additional Resources
Fire Protection Publications. Incident Command System. Stillwater, OK: Oklahoma State University, 1983. pp. 19–20, 61. National Interagency Incident Management System. Type 1/Type 2 Safety Officer, Task Book; PMS 311-04. Boise, ID: National Wildfire Coordinating Group, 2009. NFPA 1500, Standard on Fire Department Occupational Safety and Health Program. Quincy, MA: National Fire Protection Association, 2013. NFPA 1521, Standard on Fire Department Safety Officer. Quincy, MA: National Fire Protection Association, 2015. NFPA 1561, Standard on Emergency Service Incident Management System and Command Safety. Quincy, MA: National Fire Protection Association, 2014 NFPA Firefighter injury and death reports and data are available at www.nfpa.org/research/reports-and-statistics/the-fire-service. NIOSH firefighter fatality reports are available at www.cdc.gov/niosh/fire. U.S. Fire Administration firefighter injury and death reports are available at www.apps.usfa.fema.gov/firefighter-fatalities/fatalityData.
1. List the three elements that make up the operational safety triad.
2. Explain the difference between formal and informal processes.
3. Describe four qualities of a well-written procedure.
4. List and describe the external influences that can affect safety equipment design and purchase.
5. List and briefly describe the three factors that influence a person’s ability to act safely.
6. Define risk management.
7. List and explain the five steps of classic risk management.
8. What is the difference between mitigation and countermeasure?
9. List an accident prevention control hierarchy that can be applied to fire department incident handling.
References and Additional Resources
Federal Emergency Management Agency. Risk Management Practices in the Fire Service, FA-166. Emmitsburg, MD: U.S. Fire Administration, 1996. Kipp, Jonathan D., and Murrey E. Loflin. Emergency Risk Management. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1996. NFPA 1250, Recommended Practice in Fire and Emergency Service Organization Risk Management. Quincy, MA: National Fire Protection Association, 2015. Safeopedia provides articles, definitions, and more information on safety concepts and the accident prevention hierarchy. It is available at http://www.safeopedia.com. Stephans, R. System Safety for the 21st Century. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley and Sons, 2004. U.S. Fire Administration. Developing Effective Standard Operating Procedures for Fire and EMS Departments. Washington DC: Federal Emergency Management Agency, 1999.
- a year ago
- Discount Assign
- Michelle Malk
- wizard kim
- professor mitch
- brilliant answers
- work solutions
- Colossal Genius
- Reem Hasan
- Atta ur Rehman
- Dr Candice_2547
- Catherine Owens
- prof avril
- Tiny Chris
- Emily Blunt
- Dr shamille Clara
- kim woods
- RESPECT WRITER
- Jenny Boom
- phyllis young
- Dr R Judy Mark
- Miss Professor
- Emily Clare
- Wendy Lewis
- Sara Waynes
- Ph.D A+ Grade
- Quickly answer
- Eva Green
- Harris Khan
- judge mike
- Dr. Elahi
- True guru
- Emily Michael
- 6 SLIDE POWERPOINT
- Project Management
- cover letter
- Research essay
- A+ Solution Fully Answered 100% Correct
- unit iv,v assessment
- History essay help
- to write a 2 page essay (double-spaced, 12 times new roman) answering the following question: What is your opinion about Marxism? Essays that are deserving...