Every week you are expected to find and read an article on a physics-related topic from a newspaper or magazine, or listen to an online radio story/podcast. It should be a serious article/story. Some good sources are available here: http://edcc.libguides.com/phys110betnel (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Do NOT use ScienceDaily.com unless you are cautious. Its articles tend to be superficial and misleading, and that could lead to a lower score for you. NEVER use the Yahoo science page. It is too frequently low quality. If some of the above resources have limited access and need to be accessed through our Library Off Campus Sign-in.
For each post, do the following (or you will lose points).
By Monday evening (11:59 pm) submit a one to three paragraph essay
- Include citation or link to article. (Which newspaper? Page number? Who wrote it?)
- 100 to 300 words is about right. Use about 1/2 - 3/4 of that to summarize the article, and the rest to draw connections to class or ask relevant questions.
- No attachments allowed. I suggest that you write your summary in a word processor, spell check it, edit it, and then cut and paste into your post.
- You do not have to understand everything you read to use it for your reading post. You can summarize to the best of your ability, and ask LOTs of questions!
Half of the homework grade will be based on the quality of the writing. Imagine that you are briefing the U.S. President on an issue that you consider important. Your essay should be a pleasure to read! You will lose credit if you have more than one misspelling, or have any significant errors in grammar (run-on sentence etc.). Make sure you take advantage of our Writing Center , especially if English in not your primary language.
- Arizona Writer
- Mich Michie
- Essays Guru
- brilliant answers
- Agher Editor
- Prof. Script
- Michelle Owens
- Lady Taylor PhD
- nadia tutor
- Teacher Young
- All Works solver
- Potty Pavarotti
- Maham Malik
- kim woods
- Miss Professor
- Catherine Owens
- guru answers
- Wendy Lewis
- Reem Hasan
- writer respect
- Answer simple Question about History of Television
- Brain Damage and Cognition
- bus law
- Null Hypothesis
- Statistics and Research II
- Nuring Management: Module 1
- 20 MCQ in eBusiness Strategy - due 13. March @ 08:00am GMT+ 1 time zone
- Assignment 1: LASA2: Leadership Development and Recruitment Plan
- 1. Include citation or link to article. (Which newspaper? Page number? Who wrote it?)
- 100 to 300 words is about right. Use about 1/2 - 3/4 of that to summarize the article, and the rest to draw …