FINAL EXAM POLS 2212
INSTRUCTIONS This is a take-home, open-book exam consisting of essay questions. Please note the following instructions:
You are only required to answer FOUR of the essay questions listed below
Each essay should be roughly 2 paragraphs in length. This however, is only a guideline, as I grade on content, rather than length.
Essays should be double spaced with 12in fonts and 1in page margins
All sources must be cited and formatted based on your choice of MLA, APA, or Chicago formats
All essays must be saved in a single file and uploaded to the appropriate midterm dropbox
All submissions will be processed through D2L’s plagiarism detection software GRADING INFORMATION These essays will be graded in a similar manner as the written assignments.
An excellent essay will demonstrate the following characteristics:
The essay thoroughly addresses all components of the question
The essay is focused on the topic of the question and contains few to no tangential discussions
The essay contains a smooth and logical progression of explanations and arguments
The overall readability of the essay is not diminished by mistakes of spelling or grammar ESSAY QUESTIONS
1. Explain the division of responsibilities between federal and state levels in regards to standardized testing under No Child Left Behind (NCLB). What are some potential problems with this system?
2. Identify and explain at least two significant differences between Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) and Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF). Why is TANF considered to be better for states?
4. Explain the general characteristics of the spoils system and merit system of public employment. What are some potential problems with merit-based systems of hiring and promoting public employees?
5. Explain the significance of Federal drug sentencing laws (e.g. the Sentencing Act of 1984) for contemporary issues of high incarceration rates. Identify and explain at least two examples of criminal justice reforms (at the state or federal level) intended to deal with this issue.
BE VERY DESCRIPTIVE!
- For the Ultimate_Writer only
- You are a Human Resources (HR) program of one. Based on information learned in this course, create a Human Resources plan of the steps needed to create a one-person HR department. The design of the HR department must correspond to the various dimensions o
- GED210 Unit 3 Exam Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
- PRE-CAL online hw
- 498 QUESTION
- The square surface cover shown in this figure is 10.16 centimeters on each side. The knockout in the center