Instructions: Choose ONE of the following prompts and write a 5 page paper on that subject. The prompts provided are broad and can be addressed in several ways. Therefore, I am not looking for a right or wrong answer to the question but rather for you to think critically about the American political party system. Each question is multi-faceted which means that students have the opportunity to write in both an expository and a persuasive manner. While I encourage you to incorporate current events and your own perspective into the paper, note that this should not be a pure opinion piece. Demonstrate that you’ve learned from this class by clearly referencing theories, concepts, and examples from the required readings. Remember to cite all sources, including those within the syllabus. Paper formatting should be in the standard 12 point Times New Roman font, doublespaced, with normal margins. You may use any citation format (e.g., MLA, APA style).
Describe campaign finance laws in the United States (Module 11). What factors (historical, political, social) were most influential in shaping the current set of regulations? Explain your position and provide relevant examples. Recent legislation has opened the gates for private donations, rather than taxpayer money, to finance presidential nominating conventions (Module 10). Weigh the pros and cons of this change. Who benefits most from nominating conventions: the parties, mass media, or the people? Explain your reasoning. Do PACs and Super PACs (i.e., independent expenditure committees) from special interest groups (Module 13) undermine the ideals of a representative democracy or are they instead a shining example of it? Supply current examples to back up your claims. What reforms of campaign finance laws, if any, do you anticipate in the future?
Use sources that I provide only!!!!!!!1
Module 11 sources
PDF - Panagopoloulos Presidential nominating conventions
PDF - The Tea Party as an Interest Movement
- to "The Ultimate Professor" Only
- KIM WOODS
- help with Java Script and html home work 1
- Identify and describe a current issue (this could be a controversy or just an issue of importance) in American Government. Explain in 1-2 pages how one of the modern philosophers we've studied would respond to that issue.
- Business Book Publishing needs to borrow $700,000
- The first atach is the instruction and the second one is the bad writing guy.
- Describe how a Six Sigma project may lead to increase in customer satisfaction
- Week 7 criminal justice