Directions: Select one of the questions below. Write your answer in essay format, one inch margins, single-spaced, and minimum length 1800-2000 words to fully demonstrate your comprehension of the materials. Most A and B papers are over 2000 words. You can view the amount of similarity yourself if you upload your paper early. If you have copied work other than your own, you can delete your essay and re-post, yet this requires 24 hours. Be careful about the due date; Saturday, July 13th by 5 pm.
Your essay should define key concepts (in your own words) and explain processes and specific examples that you have learned throughout the course. Include reference to maps, summarize videos, or articles from the modules. You can copy and paste previous work from Map Assignments into your final. Include NO quotations, but explain what you have learned. Be sure to cite (author, page) for any statistics that you introduce. Please read the lectures, as I try to guide you through these concepts and demonstrate how to use your atlas.
Submit to the dropbox that I will have in Final module.
Due: Saturday, July 13th by 5:00 pm. No late papers will be allowed.
1) Describe and demonstrate the geographical patterns for the following sequence of maps. Then, describe the interrelationships between all maps in your conclusions. Feel free to copy/paste previous work from Map Assignments, yet review my comments to improve your descriptions. How do plants adapt to solar radiation and precipitation? How have humans attempted to modify soils and ecosystems?
a. Solar Radiation Map (Insolation at Earth's Surface) --page 81, Geosystems
b. Precipitation Map -- pages 20-21, atlas (address tropics and subtropics)
c. Soil Map - pages 26-27 atlas
d. Ecosystems Map-- pages 28-29 atlas
2) Describe and demonstrate the geographical patterns for the following sequence of maps. Then, describe the interrelationships between all maps in your conclusions. Feel free to copy/paste previous work from Map Assignments, yet review my comments to improve your descriptions. How can these maps be used to predict areas of fluvial (river) erosion and deposition? How could humans modify rivers in mountain regions with high precipitation to relocate surplus water to deficit regions in the United States?
a. Solar Radiation Map --page 86, Geosystems
b. Precipitation Map -- pages 20-21 atlas (describe orographic precipitation)
c. Elevation of the United States Map -- pages 106-107 atlas
d. Rivers --use pages 106-107 atlas to identify rivers and stream profiles.
3) Geographers look at how different processes occur in the same location to cause possible change or hazards. Examine the Hawaiian Islands (see page 126 atlas, and ch 11 text). Identify the volcanic peaks found in the Hawaiian Islands, listing them by name and height. Then address the following;
a ) Describe the plate tectonics and type of volcanism which forms shield volcanoes. Be sure to refer to atlas maps which allow you to locate plate names, the direction of plate movement, and specific landform features created by hot spot activity and effluent volcanism.
b) Describe convectional lifting and orographic precipitation. Refer to maps that illustrate the rainshadow effect and amount of precipitation caused by frontal lifting in this region. You may also want to address cyclogenesis and the impact of hurricanes in this region.
c) Define and describe the types of weathering caused by the climate in this region and evaluate the type of mass movement expected in areas of high elevation.
Explain how these features may work in combination. What could trigger a mass movement in this area? Due to the current eruption of Mauna Kea, which areas would be the most likely to be damaged? and which areas would be the safest to visit? Lastly, what other volcanic islands found on a global basis are created by similar hot spot activity? What can we learn from eruptions on a global basis to reduce the loss of life and property in Hawaii? Be sure to summarize videos from modules that demonstrate what you have learned of course materials.
- 2 years ago
- 22 page of law stuff
- Of the eight sources of emotions and moods identified in your text, which do you feel is the most critical? Why?
- This is to be a formal report with proper headings, spelling and formatting. Use 12 point Times Roman font and...
- Describe and discuss the employee rights under the OSH Act and its implementing regulations
- tensile test (mechanical engineering)
- florida realestate exam
- MAT 540 Homework Week 2
- Managerial Accounting