Consider how you encounter the fallacies from Chapter 3 (pp. 56-60) on a regular basis. As you are listening to others speak, for instance, pay attention to see if any of the fallacies are being employed.
For this assignment, find and explain the use of one of the fallacies discussed in Chapter 3. You should find the fallacy in your daily life. Do not take an example from the textbook or internet. In at least a paragraph, name and describe the fallacy you found. Where did you see or hear it? How did it occur? In what context? What do you believe was the purpose behind its use? Did you recognize that it was bad reasoning at the time?
You may find fallacies in your own thinking, in conversations with family and friends, in television and radio advertisements, political ads, political debates, and interviews with or announcements from politicians. Be sure to choose an example for this exercise that allows you to answer the questions above in order to write a complete paragraph.
- 2 months ago
- How Music Works - Harmony
- Most people do not come to belief after a process of reasoning, they are born to it, accepting it as...
- FINANCE 321 Complete Solution
- MN504 Unit 5 Assignment
- Wendy Lewis ONLY I need an HR powerpoint and Anaysis completed
- In this lab, you will determine how an invasive speciesâthe zebra and quagga musselâaffects other species in the freshwater lake....
- I need help with a new project calle Toy Project
- $50 Psychology paper