Experiment 1: Observation of mitosis in a plant cell Submit Assignment
Instructions: Read and perform the following experiment and download the forms supplied below.
Once you have completed the form, upload the completed form.
PART 1: CALCULATING TIME SPENT IN EACH CELL CYCLE PHASE
- The length of the cell cycle in the onion root tip is about 24 hours. Predict how many hours of the 24-hour cell cycle you think each step takes. Record your predictions, along with supporting evidence, in Table 1.
- Click the microscope image in the materials section to examine the onion root tip slide images in the slide viewer. Eachimage displays a different field of view. Pick one of the images, and count the number of cells in each stage. Then, count thetotal number of cells in the image. Record the image you selected and your counts in Table 2.
- Calculate the percentage of time spent by a cell in each stage based on the 24-hour cell cycle. Use the following equation below, and record the percentages in Table 2.
PART 2: IDENTIFYING STAGES OF THE CELL CYCLE
- Observe the images of the onion root tip.
- Locate a good example of a cell in each of the following stages: interphase, prophase, metaphase, anaphase, and telo-
- Draw the dividing cell in the appropriate area for each stage of the cell cycle, exactly as it appears in the slide images. In-
clude your drawings in Table 3.
- Madam Michelle
- university work
- All Works solver
- Rey writer
- Malik Tutor
- Urgent Tutor
- Catherine Owens
- Dr shamille Clara
- wizard kim
- brilliant answers
- JOHN JUNIOR001
- prof avril
- kim woods
- Paula Hog
- Dr Candice_2547
- phyllis young
- nadia tutor
- Jenny Boom
- Dr R Judy Mark
- Terry Roberts
- Quickly answer
- Wendy Lewis
- Miss Professor
- Ph.D A+ Grade
- Dr. Elahi
- Phd christine
- RESPECT WRITER
- Saad Fahim
- Calc Homework! MAPLESOFT REQUIRED!!
- The full-time employees can begin work at the beginning of the 7. A.M. to 9 A.M. shift, 9 A.M. to...
- E-IT (510) 4
- struck by hazard; construction site safety
- quality control homework (engineering)
- Servicescape Observation Assignment (Individual)
- Proj mgmt to be done in time
- Research Question and a Hypothesis------Why do United States Corporations Outsource Jobs Overseas
- Compensation Purpose and Strategy Document The purpose of this assignment is to choose a compensation philosophy that is appropriate for your chosen firm and articulate a rationale for this selection. There are two aspects to this assignment. First, desc