Your task is to write a paper from one to two pages (double spaced) that analyzes one of the following business ethical issues. You choose which issue to write about; in this assignment, reflect deeply on a topic that matters to you. Each scenario represents a conflict in an organizational setting. In addition to applying ethical reasoning to your position, you must demonstrate how as a leader you would preserve the professional relationships in question and resolve the conflict. You may draw upon personal experience, current events, and research to support your views.
At a local restaurant a prominent politician has arrived and has been seated for dinner. Several of the serving staff are upset because they disagree with the politician’s political views. Some are requesting the manager on duty speak to the politician and ask him/or her to leave. Explain what the manager should do in this situation and how they could resolve the conflict between the servers and the politician in the most ethical manner.
A manager has received a resume from a very promising candidate for a position that needs to be filled immediately. The company’s policy is to run a credit check on all candidates. The report on the candidate revealed some trouble with debt. When the manager asked her supervisor about it, she was told to just “go with another candidate” without determining the reasons behind the bad credit report. The manager feels that this policy may be unfairly eliminating qualified candidates who may have good reasons for their financial difficulties. Explain what the manager should do in this situation and how she could resolve the conflict between her sense of justice and the company’s practices in the most ethical manner.
A bank manager is faced with the difficult task of downsizing a department and must choose between two employees to let go. Both employees have similar performance records but the manager believes that Jill (age 30) has more potential than Jack (age 42). The manager has been told by the vice president that firing Jill would be safer since Jack’s age makes him in a “protected class” and there is a fear of litigation. Explain what the manager should do in this situation and how they could resolve the conflict between the manager and the vice president in the most ethical manner.
- You must apply at least one ethical theory to support your position.
- You must also show how your decision would preserve the professional relationships in question and resolve the conflict in an ethical manner.
- You must demonstrate consistency of your clearly established viewpoint throughout the paper and a clear logical flow as you apply ethical reasoning.
- Your writing must be original and insightful.
- 4 months ago
- If there are39 students in two rows and 50 cm. between each student how long is the line
- Professional Networking
- Employee Ratios
- Comparison Matrix: Using a matrix or chart, compare and contrast the pro and cons of the following
- Since 1970 there has been a clear increase in the proportion of the banking industry assets made up of
- Computer Science:Auction website creation:ASP and VB Script needed with MS access database
- NOT RATED
Please see attachment (Kim Woods)only2 years ago
- NOT RATED
Business Ethics Position Paper
Your task is to write a paper from one to two pages (double spaced) that analyzes one of the following business ethical issues. You choose which issue to write …3 months ago