For this assignment, you will focus on a case, and complete the first three steps of the critical thinking process: 1) Identification, 2) Research, and 3) Analysis.
First, read the case in the Ethics textbook Chapter 24: Case 6, Life on the Streets.
Follow the Sample Format: Identification, Research, Analysis, and submit to this Dropbox using MLA formatting.
Complete this assignment, as follows:
Identification (one sentence in bold print)
- State the main ethical/moral issue in question format: Should ______? or What should ______?
- Be impartial
- Write just one issue, not two; so, do not use the word "or."
Research (bulleted list)
List three topics that would be appropriate to research regarding this case and what you identified as the main ethical issue. Suppose you were the person named in the main ethical issue, and you had to make a decision about the main ethical issue, what facts would you want to discover to help you make a better decision, and where would you find it? You do not need to actually complete the research; just list the three specific topics you would research and discuss why you chose these topics. What would you like to discover? Three distinctly different topics are required.
Complete the analysis chart to include:
- at least four options and four stakeholders.
- Stakeholders are people or a business/entity that represents people. A stakeholder cannot be a thing such as a friendship or a reputation.
- All options must be in the control of the central person named in the main ethical issue. For example, if the issue is Should Jack report, Jill? The first option could be -Jack could report Jill's stealing to the boss. There are probably many more than 4 options but choose the 4 best options. All options should be reasonable ones that the person named in the main ethical issue could choose to make their decision. For example, you could NOT use, Jill could turn herself into the boss because Jill is not the central person named in the main ethical issue.
- Once you have four options and four stakeholders filled in, complete the chart with possible consequences; briefly explain how you believe each stakeholder may be affected by each option. For example, for the option - Jack could report Jill, a possible consequence for Jack, as one of the stakeholders, is that Jack could become a victim of Jill's scorn. For Jill, as one of the stakeholders, a possible consequence is that Jill could lose her job.
How to Create a Chart:
- In MS Word click on the INSERT tab
- Click on Table
- Create a 5 x 5 Table if you have 4 options and 4 stakeholders.
As you write in the squares the chart will expand to support your writing
Include at least 4 stakeholders and 4 options
Use the Dropbox Grading Criteria to help guide your completion of this assignment.
- Use MLA Formatting. Double-space the entire document. Adjust all font color/style/size to black Times New Roman 12 pt. Put the heading in the upper left corner of the first page; include your name, the professor's name, the course name, and the date. Use the document header to display your last name and page number in the upper right corner of each page. Put the "Works Cited" on the last page, and the total word count at the end of the document.
- 2 months ago
- NOT RATED
This assignment builds upon the Module 4 Dropbox: Identification, Research, Analysis assignment you submitted previously. Be sure to review the feedback you received from that assignment, and make …2 months ago
- NOT RATED
This assignment builds upon the Module 4 Dropbox: Identification, Research, Analysis assignment you submitted previously. Be sure to review the feedback you received from that assignment, …2 months ago