Essay 3 Prompt: Write an essay answering the question: What is the (new, modern, 21st century) American dream?This essay should demonstrate that you can properly use all elements of an essay: introduction, thesis, evidence, citation, paragraphing, transitions, organization, conclusion and correct grammar. Quality is more important than quantity.
The essay should be a minimum of 3 pages (maximum of 5 pages), double spaced and include a works cited page. Use quotes from sources you read or listened to last week or use outside sources. Only 2 are required. Be creative, take risks, use your voice and speak your truth. This is your unique view on the American Dream as you see it today and for your generation. Stay focused on your generation or on one aspect of the newest generation or some combination showing the difference between your generation and the newest. Of course this all depends on your age. Keep the focus, small and specific so you can dive deeper into analysis. You can think of this essay as a small letter, a speech or a magazine article with a specific audience. Whatever works to help you focus and not get too general. Be original and engaging. Set out to capture a small glimpse of the larger picture. You will not be able to write about everything, so focus on one aspect the same way the author and speaker from last week did.
This essay will only have a due date for the final draft, December 14. Use the process you have learned from the previous essays to help take you through revisions. Get feedback from friends and tutors as needed. The final draft you turn in is the final score.
Keep working. Your almost there....
LANEY WRITING CENTER: It will be important to carefully read the entire essay rubric and consider the writing expectations for this assignment. Consider receiving additional support by visiting the Laney writing center in room B260, at least once, for this essay.
- The essay should be 3-5 pages, double-spaced with 12 font.
- The essay should include 2-5 citations: at least 1 different writer we read.
- The essay should include a works cited page.
- The essay should use an original title for the essay.
- The essay should meet the standards of the essay rubric.
- The essay should not have plagiarism.Write your own essay. Any sentences that are copied from sources or from other students will result in a lower grade or result in an F on the essay. See plagiarism policies.
We will write a few drafts of this essay in order to reach the requirements listed above. Once the final draft is complete, it must meet all the requirements. It is important to put your full effort into each draft so that you can slowly and carefully build an effective essay. Writing an essay is a process and each step matters. Make each step count and get additional support from your textbooks and tutors.
ASSIGNMENT: FIRST DRAFT Directions: For this first draft ,attempt to reach at least 2 full pages and establish a working title. Include an introduction paragraph and include at least 2 citations in body paragraphs.
- Dr. Rocal
- Queen of Brains
- MBA MASTER
- Essays Guru
- Prof. Nicholas
- Prof. Dan.
- The quA+lity
- Young Kim hoods
- Catherine Owens
- Phd isaac newton
- All Works solver
- Gabriella Owens
- Camile Faith
- work solutions
- Dr shamille Clara
- brilliant answers
- Jamie Acker
- Rey writer
- Dr. Claver-NN
- kim woods
- Sasha Spencer
- Miss Professor
- Malik Tutor
- Business Writer
- Terry Roberts
- phyllis young
- Madam Sarah
- Sophia Miles
- Tutor kimwele
- turtor munyolo
- HAZMAT and Chemistry 200 word essay in APA formate
- SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
- PSY 410 Week 4 Individual Assignment Schizophrenia, Lifespan Development, Psychological Stress and Physical Disorders Paper
- Unit 5 IP 499
- A+ Answers
- ISFM-300 Case Study, Stage 3: IT Requirements
- PSY 265 Week 3 CheckPoint Sexual Dysfunction
- M4-Assignment 1: Discussion—Ethical, Social, and Political Issues
- Accounting Assignment
- History Assignment