This essay should be a 600-900 word essay
- This should be a close reading essay, and should use as evidence primarily passages from the story or stories that you discuss. You may not use ANY outside sources without the instructor's approval.
- The essay should be in MLA essay format (see the sample essay attached below) and use MLA citations. A works cited entry and in-text citations for each text discussed are required.
- The essay should be focused on making a debatable claim about the work(s) in question; informational essays or essays consisting of summary are not appropriate. The claim should be supported with discussion of specific passages from the text(s) on which the essay is focused. The essay grading rubric can be found .
Choose 1 of the following topics, and write a thesis-driven essay in response to that topic:
- The Tragic Hero: In Oedipus Tyrannus, should we view Oedipus as a victim, or can we find something heroic in his actions and end? Support your argument by discussing only events and lines from the play.
- Being Human: Consider Oedipus’ attempts to outrun prophecy: what does Sophocles seem to be arguing, through the play, about human potential and limitations? Support your argument by discussing only events and lines from the play.
- Alone Time: Choose a variety of poems by Li Bai, and analyze them for a picture of the lure of solitude. How is solitude represented and what kinds of imagery (natural/urban, light/dark, etc.) are used alongside it? Support your argument by discussing only passages from the poem you chose.
- Shared Themes: Choose one (1) poem by Li Bai, and identify in it a theme that you also can find in Oedipus Tyrannus. Compare and contrast the two works’ treatment of the theme. Do they deal with that theme in a way that is more alike or different? Focus your thesis on arguing how the treatments are more similar/different, and support your argument by discussingonly passages from the two works.
MAKE SURE TO CITE YOUR WORK!!!
- Catherine Messi
- Wendy Lewis
- RESPECT WRITER
- Bethuel Best
- Chloe Howard
- Prof. Goodwill
- prof. Speedstar
- Favorite PROF
- prof weru
- Prof. Dan.
- Essays Guru
- phyllis young
- Catherine Owens
- Rey writer
- All Works solver
- kim woods
- Sophia Emerson
Other questions 10
- BUS 630 Week 2 Assignment Case 3A (Auerbach Enterprises) (New). Get an A++.
- management information systems- website security
- info systems and organizational communicaton
- Research Paper.
- Gb560-Unit 6 – Business Process Change Overview
- analyzing a children's book: the very best of friends by Margaret Wild
- Human Services ACADAMICK Only
- Welfare system in America
- research paper on Computer revelation
- final paper (10 pages)