Environmental Problems & Solutions
• You are writing to a novice (a rookie, beginner, new to a field or activity).
• Add to the discourse (discussion, conversation). Think critically: the 5W’s (who, what, when, where, and why) and 1H (how).
• Backup your responses. Use concepts, ideas, and examples from the course lectures and readings.
• Define terms (i.e. the what).
" You are evaluated on the intellectual rigor (depth, clarity, and analysis) of your written responses.
1.What is a Faustian bargain?
2.What is quantitative growth?
3.What is qualitative growth?
4.What are false binaries?
5.What according to Arthur Schopenhauer, 19th Century German philosopher, are the three stages of truth?
6.What is an existential crisis?
7.What is the extinction of experience?
8.Scientists have described environmental trends as alarming (p.1, World Scientists’ Warning to Humanity: A Second Notice). Why?
9.What are negative externalities? Give an example.
10.What is the “expenditure arms race”? See pages 157 to 159 of Reading # 2 by Rod Hill & Tony Myatt: Externalities and the Ubiquity of Market Failure.
11.Why virtue? What are the musings (thoughts, discussion) of William Ophuls?
- Prof. Kim
- Genuine Genius
- KATHERINE BECKS
- RESPECT WRITER
- Ranju Lewis
- nadia tutor
- Sasha Spencer
- work solutions
- Linda Harris
- Malik Tutor
- Michelle Owens
- Dr shamille Clara
- ANN HARRIS
- kim woods
- Adrian Monroe
- Jenny Boom
- Rey writer
- Catherine Owens
- brilliant answers
- BRENDAH LEE
- phyllis young
- Prof Allan
- Zeek the Geek
- Wendy Lewis
- Madam Sarah
- prof avril
- Miss Professor
- Angelina May
- Terry Roberts
- Writing King
- Jona kloop
- doctor alidan
- FOR HISFA SHAUKAT ONLY
- Emotional Intelligence and Effective Leadership
- history assisgnment
- Assignment 2: Effective Managers and Leaders—Gender and Cultural Diversity
- After reading the case study, create a leadership plan. In creating the leadership plan, discuss the daughter and father in...
- Research paper on breast cancer and the enviornment
- Week Three Concepts Review
- GBA project help
- Chicano and The Arts (CHS 111)
- Industry Averages and Financial Ratios Paper
Reading 2: Externalities and the Ubiquity of Market Failure
Rod Hill & Tony Myatt
1. On page 154, the authors Rod Hill and Tony Myatt write: ‘[Externalities] threaten to make the planet …