Environmental ethics assignment 9Hassan2202
Assignment 9: Population and Consumption
You should read the introduction to Chapter 11, and see Bill McKibben: “A Special Moment in History” for many facts about population and consumption.
Textbook: Louis Pojman and Paul Pojman, Environmental Ethics: Readings in Theory and Application. Seventh Edition. Cengage Learning.
(A) Read the 2 papers by Garret Hardin: “The Tragedy of the Commons” and “Lifeboat Ethics”
(B) Read Jacqueline Kasun: “The Unjust War against Population”
Question 1: Explain Garret Hardin’s main ideas in his two papers. Explain especially the “tragedy of the commons” and his “lifeboat ethics,” as he calls it. Explain what he is arguing for. (Leave your views on Hardin for the next question.)
Question 2: Critically discuss Hardin’s arguments and views. Please defend your views with good arguments.
Question 3: Explain Jacqueline Kasun’s views. Explain what she is arguing for. (Leave your views on Kasun for the next question.)
Question 4: Critically discuss Kasun’s arguments and views. Please defend your views with good arguments._____________________________________________________
Question 5: So compare your views on Hardin with Kasun. Who do you think is more correct about the population/consumption problem? Give good arguments for your answer.
- 3 years ago
- Employee Management
- ashford quiz question week3
- BHA 3501 Week 7 Assignment ( BHA 3501 Week 7 Assignment )
- Small project on c# programming
- discuss the errors in the conclusions the authors have drawn from their statistical tests.
- Hines (1989, p 89) argues that conceptual frameworks are âa strategic manoeuvre for providing legitimacy to standard-setting boards during periods...