You have contracted with the city named Small Town, USA, to design and engineer a municipal industrial waste pre- treatment facility. The city currently accepts liquid wastes from three significant industrial users (SIU): (a) a petroleum refinery, (b) an animal rendering plant, and (c) a tanker truck washout. In an effort to capture revenue, the city is currently accepting the liquid waste physically hauled by tanker truck from all three SIU members and is subsequently collecting the liquid wastes into a 300,000 gallon storage tank, pending your facility design.
The city wants to be able to effectively treat and neutralize the liquid waste, landfill or reuse the sludge in an agriculture application, and discharge the neutralized treatment plant effluent water to the existing municipal (residential) wastewater plant for final treatment after successfully meeting the local limits for each analyte.
The current waste profile has been analyzed at a local environmental chemical testing laboratory. This is the lab report at 30ºC:
Analyte Concentration (mg/L or ppm) Local Limits (mg/L or ppm)
BOD 4200 1300
COD 6000 2400
TSS 800 160
pH 5.5 6.0-9.0
TDS 5000 200
TOC 1300 150
Cyanides 3 0.5
Phenols 15 12
Cadmium 15 2
Chromium (trivalent) 5 0.25
Iron 800 50
H2S (hydrogen sulfide) 6 0.5
TPH (total petroleum hydrocarbons) 1600 640
1. Closely read the Required Reading assignment from Bahadori (2014) and the Unit Lesson within the Study Guide.
2. Use APA style (title page, body with level one headings, and a reference page) for a research paper, and begin drafting a proposal document. You will add to this document in every unit with another level one heading.
3. Since this is a project that you add to throughout the course, make your Unit I work your first level one heading, titled “Municipal Situation,” and describe the scenario that is presented above. You are required to describe the scenario in at least one page.
- Mock Abritration Findings
- Embry BUSW500 Module 4.6 Accounting Quiz latest 2016 July
- The regression and correlation
- ECE 354 Final Project
- How should companies respond to victim crises, accident crises, and preventable crises?
- Astronomy Lab Report PHSC 1001C: Earth Science Name: ________________________ Date: _________________________ Instructor: ______________________ Purpose: To explore why Earth experiences seasons and why we see phases...
- For KIM WOODS ONLY - Register A company
- homework help
need tomorrow2 pages title needs to be “Municipal Situation
Unit I Project
Over the course of these eight units, we will be developing a course …
Over the course of these eight units, we will be developing a course project. We will do a single section of the course project in every unit by completing one section of the course project, and then …