Ashford 2: - Week 1 - Assignment
Proposal for Final Paper
In Week Five of this course, you will submit a four- to five-page Literary Analysis in response to one of the topics from the approved List of Writing Prompts. This week, you will choose the prompt you would like to explore, offer some information on what interests you about this prompt, and supply a working thesis and key ideas you would like to develop. Though it might seem early to choose your topic, with only five weeks in the course, it is important to start early to best set yourself up for success.
After reviewing the list of prompts, choose one that you would like to explore. In addition, you should choose the text you will discuss from the List of Literary Works. Be sure to choose a text or texts as directed in your prompt of choice.
Proposal for Final Paper Worksheet
Once you have decided on a prompt and text, respond to the directives below using the Proposal for Final Paper Worksheet. Please make sure your document is double spaced.
In your paper:
- Articulate what interests you most about this prompt.
- Identify the specific text(s) you will write about, and explain the connection between the text and the prompt you chose.
- Develop a working thesis that articulates an argument about the literary text(s). (Keep in mind that “working thesis” means you can slightly modify your thesis for the draft and/or final essay.) Please refer to the document “Writing a Clear and Sound Thesis for a Literary Analysis” for helpful information on how to write your thesis. For more help on how to write a thesis, please see the Ashford Writing Center.
- Identify three key ideas that you will discuss in support of your thesis. Supporting points should reflect a critical reading of the text.
- Describe any questions, concerns, and plans you have at this point for your project.
Purchase the answer to view it