ENG 103 DB #1 & Response #1lyn3689
Discussion Board # 1 - Each thread is to be 250–300 words and demonstrate course-related knowledge.
Answer Question: Because technical communication is for your job and not for school, is it easier to write than academic writing?
Response #1 - Each reply must be 250–300 words.
Christy Adams Discussion Board Forum 1:
I feel that technical writing is easier than academic writing because the author of the document, memo, etc. would be writing about a subject on which they'd spent time each day. It would most likely pertain to something, like a project, that one would have extensive knowledge of already and would know what is needed in the document that would convey what they needed to convey to get to the reader.
If its a grant, for example, then the writer would know what money was needed to fund the project. If it was for some type of disciplinary action, then most likely it would be the manager who was taking the appropriate steps toward improving the employee and so on.
When writing for academic purposes, the writer wants to please the teacher, or professor by including all of the correct information that was asked for, writing in the correct format, citing, and references, all while speaking about a topic that was chosen by someone else. One hopes to get it all right by technically putting all of those things in the paper, but the student can never be sure that it's exactly what the teacher is looking for until it has been graded.
So, for me, it's much harder to please a teacher with trying to figure out what they are looking for in a paper than with typing a technical paper for your office.
- 3 years ago
- need paper asap
- Write a 4-5 page paper showing how the chosen document reflects general issues, trends or opinions discussed in the textbook as characteristic of the period we are studying.
- Suppose you just received a phone call about your dream job, and the company would like to invite you to an interview. Conduct initial research about the company and determine what types of things you want to know about the company and/or the job. Plus, w
- I need this assignment donw today...Can anyone proficient with Word complete this?
- Hepworth Company _ Activity Costing
- 15 page paper
- Wendy Lewis only
- Farhatullah- Research Paper
- Information security Governance
- Class 1 Unit 3 COMMENT 2