Write an essay detailing a selected individual's leadership style and approaches in relationship to his or her communication, using and applying various leadership methods and theories.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze business communication situations.
- Analyze a leader's methods of influence.
- Competency 2: Analyze the interrelationships of communication within organizational systems.
- Apply theories related to leadership styles to describe a leader's communication.
- Analyze a leader's communication from a situational leadership perspective.
- Describe a leader's use of power bases in relationship to a leader's communication.
- Competency 3: Communicate effectively.
- Write clearly to convey the intended content and follow APA rules for attributing sources.
This assessment focuses on the ever evolving topics of organizational leadership and effective communication competencies:
- Who are the truly influential leaders in our organizations and personal lives?
- How do we each individually define leadership and how did we come to our current level of understanding?
hroughout your career, you could undoubtedly benefit from analyzing the communication style and approaches of other leaders and managers you consider effective and successful. This assessment provides an opportunity and framework to do that in the context of effective leader communication.
ï»¿Complete the following:
- Choose an individual who you know personally and consider to be an effective leader. This person may be someone you have worked for or with or have been in contact with through organizations in the community.
- Research the various leadership theories and methods referenced in the assessment instructions below using the sources. The suggested materials in the Resources for this assessment is a good place to start.
- Write an essay detailing the selected individual's leadership style and approaches in relationship to his or her communication through the following:
- Use Charles Handy's six methods of influence to analyze how the leader influences others and pose potential methods that might improve communication effectiveness.
- Apply different theories related to leadership styles to describe the leader's communication and specify which might be most effective in explaining the communication.
- Describe which of Goleman's six leadership styles best fits the leader.
- Identify the leader's position on the Tannenbaum-Schmidt leadership continuum.
- Analyze the leader's place in the Blake and Mouton Managerial Grid.
- Analyze the leader's communication using Hersey and Blanchard's situational leadership theory and potential changes using situational leadership that could improve communication.
- Using French and Raven's description of five leadership power types, explain how the leader communicates and potential shifts in the use of power bases that could improve communication.
Your essay should be well organized and written in clear, succinct language. Follow APA rules for attributing sources that support your analysis and conclusions.
- 2 years ago
- Week 2 -Discussion 2 - Business Operations - Due Sat by 9pm CST
- Accounting Concepts for health care professoinals
- MLA writing 10 pages due TWENTY FOUR FOUR HOURS or less.
- Maintenance Phase
- Biology's Impact on the Practice of Psychology
- read a company case and answer the questions
- english 1020
- Econ 200 Questions With Solutions
- Operations Management Week 4 for Rey Writer
- How Does Social Media, Facebook - Persuade Korean Teenage Girls To Undergo Cosmetic Surgery?
- NOT RATED
Write an essay detailing a selected individual's leadership style and approaches in relationship to his or her communication, using and applying various leadership methods and theories.3 years ago
- NOT RATED
Throughout your career, you could undoubtedly benefit from analyzing the communication style and approaches of other leaders and managers you consider effective and successful. This assessment …3 years ago