EDUC 812 Quiz 3indigo11
IMPORTANT: AFTER PURCHASE, LOG IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND SCROLL DOWN BELOW THIS PAGE TO DOWNLOAD FILES WITH ANSWERS.
1. The assumption of homogeneity of variances was tested, Levene’s Test, F(2, 432) = .75, p = .48. Was the assumption tenable?
2. One-way ANOVA has more assumptions than the independent samples t test.
3. Why would a researcher choose to conduct a one-way ANOVA rather than multiple independent samples t-tests?
4. Histograms are used for what purpose when conducting a one-way ANOVA?
5. Assuming that a researcher hopes to demonstrate that a treatment or group membership variable makes a significant difference in outcomes. Which term does the researcher hope will be larger: MSbetween or MSwithin?
6. An analysis of variance demonstratedthe following results for the effect of type of course, F(2,27) = 6.56, p = .07. Students in online courses (M = 12.4, SD = 2.26, n = 10), blended courses (M = 13.62, SD = 5.56, n = 10), and the residential courses (M = 14.65, SD = 7.56, n = 10) were measured on their sense of community. What can be concluded based on these results?
7. A one-way analysis of variance was conducted to evaluate the null hypothesis that there is no difference high school students’ level of satisfaction with school based on their family’s socioeconomic status. The independent variable, socioeconomic status, included three groups: Low (M = 21.36, SD = 4.75, n = 147), Moderate (M = 24.10,SD = 4.15, n = 153), and High (M = 29.73, SD = 6.85, n = 135). The researcher found, F(2 , ? ) = 4.64, p = .01. What is the df for
8. The result of a one-way ANOVA for total stress symptoms among four groups of teachers (pre-k, elementary, middle, high school) was F(3, 117) = 3.827, p < .05. The corresponding effect size,η2 = .26. What can be concluded about these results?
9. Which is NOT a follow-up test that could be done to assess whether all possible pair wise comparisons of group means were significant in a one-way ANOVA?.
10. If the null hypothesis is rejected in a one-way ANOVA with three groups, then we can infer that:
11. A one-way analysis of variance was conducted. The results of the ANOVA were significant, F(2, 432) = 3.75, p = .03. A pair wise comparison of group means was conducted. Based on this information, which pair wise comparison test is the "best" choice and most widely used in educational research?
12. A one-way ANOVA was conducted and the researcher tested the assumption of homogeneity of variances. How can the researcher test this assumption?
13. Describe the F ratio.
14. What would be the minimum group size for an ANOVA for large effect size were eta squared = .20, alpha = .05, k = 3 groups, and statistical power equals .80?
15. Eta squared is the ratio of the between sum of squares divided by the total sum of squares.
BUY MORE MATERIALS FOR THIS COURSE:
- a year ago
Purchase the answer to view it