EDU 506 Module 4 For Fortified
Module 4 Case
Using the resources provided and additional relevant resources you find, write a 3- to 4-page paper that answers the question: What is the biggest threat to student safety on campus? Your paper should reference a minimum of three scholarly sources to support your thesis. (PK-12: please respond to the prompt in the context of PK-12 schools. Higher Ed: please respond to the prompt in the context of colleges/universities.)
Your work should demonstrate the following:
- At least 3-4 pages not counting the title page and references.
- A clear introduction that orients a reader to the essay main content, and the main points discussed.
- A well-developed, well-balanced essay body that develops each point in its own paragraph.
- A concise conclusion that summarizes the whole essay.
- Include at least three references. Quoted material should not exceed 10% of the total paper (since the focus of these assignments is critical thinking). Use your own words and build on the ideas of others. When material is copied verbatim from external sources, it MUST be enclosed in quotes. The references should be cited within the text and also listed at the end of the assignment in the References section. Follow the APA Style® format, see www.apa.org.
- At least one in-text citation for each reference.
- General format/mechanics.
- A reference page which follows APA requirements.
- Organized in a clear and coherent manner.
- Double spaced with font size of 12.
Your writing should:
- Be clear, logical, and precise.
- Have breadth and depth,
- Show critical-thinking skills.
For your Module 4 SLP, you are building on the PowerPoint presentation you started in Modules 1-3. Read the SLP overview contained in Module 1 if you have not done so already. The topic of Module 4 is campus safety and privacy, so you should integrate the legal material (laws, cases, etc.) from the background readings into your information about your chosen institution. Keep in mind that this information should be presented as information that your audience needs to know, so you should provide enough explanation/discussion (likely in the notes section) so that your audience understands how this information pertains to them.
For SLP 4 you will also include a brief assessment of your audience to see what they learned throughout the presentation (Modules 1-4). This assessment can be contained in PowerPoint slides that you add to the end of your presentation, or you can upload a separate Word Document containing the assessment.
For Module 4, create the following slides (for a total of 6 slides):
- 1 slide about drills/emergency procedures at your institution
- 1 slide about additional safety features at your institution
- 1 slide about sexual harassment/reporting procedures at your institution
- 1 slides about student searches
- 1 slide about privacy rights
- 1 reference slide
Include a brief assessment of your audience to see what they learned throughout the presentation (Modules 1-4). This assessment can be contained in additional PowerPoint slides that you add to the end of your presentation, or you can upload a separate Word Document containing the assessment.
SLP Assignment Expectations
All slides except the title slide and reference slide(s) should utilize the notes section to elaborate on the points made on each slide. In order to be visible and clear for your audience, you should limit the amount of text on each slide, and you can utilize the notes section to add more detail (think of the notes as the part you would speak aloud if actually delivering the presentation). Accurate spelling and grammar is expected. Be sure to use proper APA formatting for in-text citations and your references slide(s).
Module 4 Discussion 1:
Campus/student safety is one of the areas of education law that is most often in the news. Find a current (within the past two years) news article that deals with an issue of student or campus safety. Write a summary of the issue, relevant laws/cases/policies, how it was handled by educational leaders (if this information is available), and how you would have handled the situation to avoid liability. (PK-12 please select a PK-12 article, and Higher Ed please select a Higher Ed article.) Respond to at least 3 classmates’ posts (by posing thoughtful questions, extending their arguments, and otherwise adding to the substance of their posts; your responses should not merely repeating what others have said).
Module 4 Discussion 2:
The completion of each course in the Masters of Education program is a milestone that provides an opportunity for reflection. At the end of each course, you will be asked to discuss what you have learned and how it applies to your current practice. The expectation is that you will save these self-reflection essays and have a record of your development throughout the program. This is a valuable tool to assist with your professional development in the program. Identify and reflect on 2 – 3 elements of this course that are useful in your ability to:
- Identify and analyze legal and ethical issues that arise in education practices and institutions.
- Function with integrity and make ethical decisions in the workplace and field of study.
- Doc Daimler
- Business Writer
- Professional research writer
- PROF. ANN
- Amanda Smith
- ANN HARRIS
- Prof Sheiz
- A+ Team_here
- KATHERINE BECKS
- Angelina May
- The quA+lity
- prof avril
- Catherine Owens
- professor mitch
- Camile Faith
- Prof Allan
- Wendy Lewis
- Expert Essay Writer
- Adrian Monroe
- brilliant answers
- Zeek the Geek
- Rey writer
- Malik Tutor
- Dr shamille Clara
- kim woods
- Jenny Boom
- Homework Pro
- PERFECT PROF
- SMA Pro
- Prof. Kaylinlopez
- Miss Professor
- Tiny Chris
- Madam Sarah
- phyllis young
- RESPECT WRITER
- Miss Emily
- Dr R Judy Mark
- Ph.D A+ Grade
- Dr Stuart Sols
- Rising StArs
- prof faizah
- Madni laryb
- Please anyone help me to do my homework essays.. Thank you
- Conducting a Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA)
- Let me know asap who can take care of this paper.
- PSY331 w5d1
- Marketing Flyer
- Prisoner Reentry
- Business Expansion and Sustainability
- BSA 385 Week 4 Individual Assignment Frequent Shopper Program Part 3
- film anaylsis