As do-it-yourself (DIY) technical communication populates the internet, many amateur technical communicators create instructional videos online using platforms such as YouTube. But these DIY instructional videos may not be effective.
Further, current research in technical editing practice shows that technical editors must have facility in editing and providing commentary on multimodal and multimedia content (videos, social media posts, markup languages, and so on).
Choose a 5- to 10-minute instructional video on an appropriate subject from YouTube or another appropriate platform. Then, compose a 1- to 2-page letter (single spaced) to the creator of the video with editorial commentary about the content, organization, style, and delivery of the instructions. "Delivery" entails audio and visual components not typical to written content. Some other specifics about the content and organization are the following:
- Balance clarity and politeness.
- Recall previous lessons on word choice and tone, especially sensitive content and levels of directness.
- Be sure video creators know how to do what you tell them. For example, if you think adding text overlays would improve the video, consider that they may not know how to create text overlays. What might they consult for how to do this?
- Ensure paragraphs are unified, cohesive, and developed.
- Incorporate research from at least two sources on effective videography and instructional videos. Practitioner blogposts are acceptable and are easy to access.
- Implement professional letter formatting conventions. Follow the guidelines listed in this source: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/subject_specific_writing/professional_technical_writing/basic_business_letters/index.html (Links to an external site.)
- For the inside address, input the username of the video creator or the real name (if available), and include a short URL to the video in place of the letter recipient's address information.
>>>This the youtube video link for this assignment.>>>
Please read the instruction carefully and follow the format through the format link.
- Dr Ava_Mia
- Prof. Kim
- Amanda Smith
- Doctor Okumu
- Quickly answer
- nadia tutor
- Ultimate GEEK
- Dr. Beneve
- Angelina May
- brilliant answers
- Catherine Owens
- RESPECT WRITER
- Colossal Genius
- Dr Candice_2547
- Homework Pro
- Emily Michael
- Jenny Boom
- Emily Clare
- kim woods
- Wendy Lewis
- RELIABLE PAPERS
- Phd isaac newton
- university work
- Rey writer
- wizard kim
- prof avril
- Stano 001
- Terry Roberts
- phyllis young
- ENS. writer
- Eva Green
- Jessica Luis
- Dr. Elahi
- Saad Fahim
- Prof Nato(PhD)
- Chief Executive Officer
- BSHS 335 Week 4 Individual Assignment Maintaining Ethical Standards
- M1-Assignment 2: Discussion—The Dark Side?
- Designing a Secure Network
- A Data Warehouse System in the Entertainment Industry Imagine that you are the Chief Information Officer (CIO) of a large organization...
- a response assay about a film which should be 3-4 pages, the film would be about (the wolf of wall street)
- Fundamentals of Management Essay 8 - 4 double spaced pages, APA format
- ARTS 125 Week 1 Individual Assignment Reflection Paper
As do-it-yourself (DIY) technical communication populates the internet, many amateur technical communicators create instructional videos online using platforms such as YouTube. But these …