eassy short discussionMiamidade20177
Roman Stoics believed that an impersonal force (Providence or Divine Reason) governed the world and that happiness lay in one's ability to accept one's fate. Stoics rejected any emotional attachments that may enslave them.
Watch this video
To get a better understanding of stoicism, watch this video
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgM0BI_eROQ
Respond in writing to the following questions after reading about stoicism in your text and watching the above video.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca wrote a treatise on stoicism called On Tranquility of Mind. In it, he argues that one may achieve peace of mind by avoiding burdensome responsibilities, gloomy companions, and excessive wealth.
- Do you find Seneca's advice practical or impractical?
- How could you apply these ideas to your own life?
at least 150 words no more than 250
- 2 years ago
- Assignment 1: Mixed Methods Research Manuscript Critique
- HS Questions 2
- Need immediate assistance with Excel formulary project. Looking for an excel expert in formulas
- ENT 435 Week 8: Create an Innovation (Benchmark Assignment)
- essay due in 7 hrs.
- LASA Literature review: I already have a paper done, just need it revised to accurately fit standards
- research methods worksheet assignment
- stock valuation
- BUS611: project management WEEK 2 DISCUSSION 2
- ACC 562 WEEK 6 DISCUSSION