Watch the documentary COWSPIRACY (2014; 1 hour 25 min); available on Netflix (http://www.netflix.com/search/cowspiracy ). answer the following questions( 1 paragraph for 1 short response, not professional )
- Read the statement about the “cowspiracy.”
Animal agriculture is the leading cause of deforestation, water consumption and pollution, is responsible for more greenhouse gases than the transportation industry, and is a primary driver of rainforest destruction, species extinction, habitat loss, topsoil erosion, ocean “dead zones,” and virtually every other environmental ill. Yet it goes on, almost entirely unchallenged.
Explain and summarize the statement and your feelings about it.
2. What are you thoughts on the film? Do you believe what it has to say? Why or why not? Is it an effective and important contribution to our understanding of human induced climate change, a piece of propaganda, or does it contain elements of both? Why or why not? To help answer this question, check each of the factual claims made in the movie with their own original research from the most recent studies you can find. The claims and the sources relied on by the filmmakers are on the Cowspiracy fact page http://www.cowspiracy.com/facts/.
Examples of statistics from the sources that can help formulate your response.
- 3. How can the Beef Industry claim that it takes only 441 gallons of water to produce a pound of beef, and organizations like National Geographic claim that it takes 1,799 gallons?
- 4. Based on the film, your own internet research and class discussions, please describe how industrial agriculture affects the carbon cycle? The nitrogen cycle? What can be done to reduce the pressure of food production on the planetary boundaries?
- 2 years ago
- Reading readiness of preschoolers from an impoverished neighborhood (n=20) was measured using a standardized test. Nationally, the mean on this...
- BUS 308 Week 4, Quiz 2
- RDG 410 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Comprehension Lesson Plans
- Week 4 and Week 5 Quizzes, Homework Assignments and Problems
- MKT 441 Weeks 3-5 Marketing Research 2#
- MKT 441 Week 3 Learning Team Market Research Implementation Plan Research Tools Paper
- ACC 305 Week 2 - Integrating Case 5-23
- ****PUJA ONLY PLEASE*****