DISCUSSION BOARD FORUM 2 INSTRUCTIONS
This course utilizes the Post-First feature in all Discussion Board Forums. This means you will only be able to read and interact with your classmates’ threads after you have submitted your thread in response to the provided prompt. For additional information on Post-First, click here for a tutorial.
In Module/Week 8, you will write a 300–350-word Visual Analysis (Part I) and a 200–250-word response to a classmate’s thread (Part II). Please note the word count does not include citations.
A. Visual Analysis (300-350 words)
1. Watch the video: Purdue OWL: Visual Rhetoric.
Copy and Paste into your browser if the Blackboard link does not work: https://youtu.be/-vJvivIzkDg
2. Review Textbook Chapter 4 (Section 2-a) “Summary and Comparison of the Classical, Toulmin, and Rogerian Models” in the Week 7 Reading and Study folder.
3. Review the visual (included in Blackboard): https://www.surfrider.org/currents/psa/rap-sushi
4. Analyze the effectiveness of the visual argument presented in the visual in a 300-350 word response containing the following information:
• Based on the video: “Purdue OWL: Visual Rhetoric”:
• Describe the Rhetorical Situation of the visual (purpose, audience, context).
• How do the visual elements persuade the viewer to think or act in a certain way? Give specific examples of visual elements in the visual. Are the elements effective considering the Rhetorical Situation you have identified? Explain.
• Are there ways that the visual elements could be presented differently for a better result? What aspects of the visual are most effective? Explain.
• Based on the “Summary and Comparison of the Classical, Toulmin, and Rogerian Models”:
• Which model do you think could best be supported with this visual? Give specific reasons to support your answer (i.e. use of appeals in Classical, use of claim, warrants, and backing in Toulmin, or the common ground in Rogerian).
• Complete your analysis with a summary of the effectiveness of the visual argument presented in the visual.
• Cite the visual according to your documentation style (APA, MLA, or Turabian).
• Write MLA, APA, or Turabian in the title of your thread as follows: Title–Citation style (e.g., “Silence the Violence: A Visual Argument Critique – APA”). Check your A Writer’s Reference to verify your citations.
• Review the Discussion Board Forum Grading Rubric before submitting.
Part II: Reply to Classmate (200-250 words)
Reply to a classmate’s post with a 200-250 word response containing the following information:
• Reply to your classmate’s analysis of the visual.
• Address specific points regarding your classmate’s content related to the OWL video and textbook comparisons of the models of argument.
• Use the principles of argument either to rebut or to support your classmate’s ideas.
• Statements such as, “I like what you said” or “I disagree with your comment,” do not count as replies. You must explain why you liked or disliked the thread by adding additional thoughts or ideas if you agreed with the author or by providing alternative ideas or thoughts when you disagree.
• Keep in mind that, regardless of whether you agree or disagree with your classmates’ opinions, you must be respectful and courteous in every interaction. For more on proper discussion, consult the netiquette policy found in the Student Expectations link of this course.
• Review the Discussion Board Forum Grading Rubric before submitting
- Teacher A+ Work
- Prof Double R
- Michelle GoodMan
- Dr. Beneve
- Young Nyanya
- Emily Clare
- Prof. Eliud Peterson
- michael smith
- Bridget Young
- Emily Michael
- Rosie September
- Cotton Candy
- Brainy Brian
- runge-kutta acer
- Urgent Tutor
- brilliant answers
- RELIABLE PAPERS
- Stano 001
- Paula Hog
- Abdullah Anwar
- Catherine Owens
- RESPECT WRITER
- Writing King
- prof avril
- quality work for all
- Eva Green
- PROF. ANN
- MathStat Genius
- Tiny Chris
- Dr. Claver-NN
- Wendy Lewis
- Proff work phd
- wizard kim
- Angelina May
- Prof Allan
- Discount Ans
- Prof. Bierce
- kim woods
- Rey writer
- Casey Celia
- Michelle Owens
- Dr Candice_2547
- Jane the tutor
- Saad Fahim
- Terry Roberts
- Jessica Luis
- Jen Tech1
- Senior Advanced Writer
- Dr R Judy Mark
- phyllis young
- A-Grade Writer
- Agher Editor
- Hawks Eye
- Pro Literature
- Amelia Iris
- Top Notch Answer
- Bright Grades
- Dr Natasha
- Uncle J
- RonnieReagan PhD
- Decent Writers
- CASE STUDY 2184
- FIXED-PRICING CONTRACTING 2177
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT 2085
- OMM 615 Week 1 to 6 All Assignments & Discussions - A Graded - Best Tutorial - Quality Work - Latest Syllabus
- Finance Help in approximately 2.5-3 pages
- MAINLINE AIRCRAFT OPERATING COSTS 2035
- need help writing an essay regarding media
- STRATEGY FOR COLUMBIA MEDIA 2009
- QUESTIONS 2001
- Disc 1 - Real Estate
DISCUSSION BOARD FORUM 2 INSTRUCTIONS
This course utilizes the Post-First feature in all Discussion Board Forums. This means you will only be able to read and interact with your classmates’ threads …