Due TODAY ..MICROBIOLOGY.. NO PLAGIARISMTHUGGWILL
Science writers convey complex scientific ideas to the public. They must be knowledgeable in the sciences as well as proficient in techniques of journalism. Good science writing is thoroughly researched and communicates the key ideas of scientific research and topics in a comprehensible and straightforward manner. Science writers are also always on the lookout for new and interesting discoveries and studies in science. For this project, you are the science reporter for your local newspaper. You have just received an assignment from your editor. She asks you to write an article on a major topic within the field of microbiology. She stipulates that in this article you must:
- Generate a historical timeline of the major scientific discoveries leading to our current understanding of the topic.
- Include a summary of our current understanding of the topic.
- Project where the next major advance or breakthrough in your topic will come from.
Choose a suitable topic. Your topic must fall under the following subheadings:
- Microbiology and human health
- Microbiology and the environment
- Microbiology and agriculture or industry
Consult your textbook to choose a topic under one of the subheadings listed above. For example, from the area microbiology and industry, you might examine the use of organisms by the alcoholic beverage industry. More specifically, are you interested in wine and the grapes that produce it? You could investigate the actions of a fungus called “noble rot” or the cultures involved in the fermentation of the grapes. [Need help choosing a topic (Links to an external site.)?]
Compose your work in a .doc or .docx file type using a word processor (such as Microsoft Word, etc.) and save it frequently to your computer. For those assignments that are not written essays and require uploading images or PowerPoint slides, please follow uploading guidelines provided by your instructor.
- 4 months ago
- Discuss the comparative advantages and disadvantages of using a vacuum cleaner to exhaust toxic air contaminants by placing the hose intake close to the source of the contaminant.
- acct hmwk
- Need Help with paper
- Illustration Essay
- human development class
- Marketing 308
- Who can you this for cheap
- java program
5 years ago
- Science writers convey complex scientific ideas to the public. They must be knowledgeable in the sciences as well as proficient in techniques of journalism. Good science writing is thoroughly …