Week 2 - Discussion
7878 unread replies.7979 replies.
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Child and Adolescent Safety Statistics [WLOs: 1, 2, 3] [CLOs: 2, 6]
Prior to completing this discussion, please read Chapters 5 and 6 in your textbook. You may be interested in viewing the interactive infographic within Chapter 6 to learn more about specific safety statistics.
Safety is an important issue to consider when explaining the physical development in children and adolescence. For this discussion, you will address the following:
- Provide examples of new safety guidelines that did not exist either when you were growing up, or when your parents were growing up.
- Then, review What Is CRAAP? A Guide to Evaluating Web Sources (Links to an external site.) and search the internet for credible sources, using Ashford University Library’s video Scholarly and Popular Resources (Links to an external site.) for guidelines. Find and report on three statistics specifically related to child and adolescent safety from this current decade (2010 to present). Provide one statistic for each of the three stages: infancy or toddlerhood, childhood, and adolescence. Address the social system (family, school, and the community) that is affected by this statistic if applicable.
- In other words, you will have one unique statistic for each of the three stages. Be sure to reference the site where the statistic was located.
eek 2 - Assignment
Physical Development Activities
[WLOs: 3, 4] [CLOs: 1, 2, 5]
This week we begin working on elements that will become part of your Community Center Proposal Final Project. If you have not already done so, go to the Week 5 - Final Project and thoroughly review the instructions for creating the proposal. This week, you will be creating three activities that will become part of the infant room, early childhood room, and adolescent room of your center.
Prior to beginning this assignment, read Chapters 4 and 5, Sections 14.2 and 15.2 in your textbook, and the Physical Development: Motor Development (Links to an external site.)article. Additionally, watch the Boys: Entering the teen years, Girls: Entering the Teen Years, and Playing videos on physical development.
Physical development, especially in infancy and toddlerhood but also into middle and late childhood, is primarily focused on the development of fine and gross motor skills. But the milestones and activities for each age group are very different. In adolescence, the fine and gross motor skills have been mostly developed, and the focus is about strength and skill building as well as dealing with the effects of puberty.
- Coloring or playing with clay would not be an appropriate activity for an infant to improve fine motor skills, but it would be for the early childhood room.
- In middle and late childhood, children are developing the muscle mass to greatly improve their abilities to run and jump and play organized games, which would not be appropriate for infants or toddlers.
There are many websites aimed at both parents and educators that describe activities to promote physical development. The activities you select do not have to be complex, but they do need to be age appropriate and grounded in developmental milestones. Focus on the primary developmental tasks of each age period. For each of the three activities, write a paragraph that addresses the following:
- Describe the age appropriate activity in some detail (provide more than just the name of the activity).
- Identify developmental milestones which supports the use of this activity (Table 5.1 in your textbook will be useful here).
- Identify how the activity supports physical development for that age group.
The Physical Development Activities paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least one credible source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
- Discount Tutor
- Amanda Smith
- Michelle Malk
- Urgent Tutor
- Asad Ullah
- Dr Candice_2547
- prof avril
- professor mitch
- Catherine Owens
- Dr. Claver-NN
- Wendy Lewis
- Angelina May
- Colossal Genius
- Tiny Chris
- brilliant answers
- RESPECT WRITER
- Rey writer
- wizard kim
- work solutions
- kim woods
- Emily Blunt
- Jenny Boom
- university work
- Miss Professor
- ENS. writer
- Dr shamille Clara
- phyllis young
- Haniff Salim
- Jessica Luis
- Ph.D A+ Grade
- Eva Green
- Ultimate GEEK
- Harris Khan
- Dr. Elahi
- Emily Michael
- The instructions are attached
- ACC / Prof Double R
- Exceptional Proff
- for njosh only
- Wenz portrays it as an inconsistency that Americans so often oppose abortion but are willing to make exception for conceptions resulting from rape or incest. Is it inconsistent? (Should rape and incest be linked like that?)
- FIN 571 Week 6 Final Exam
- CO 600 Assignment 7
- M3 Assignment 2: LASA 1 Assignment—The Leader as a Strategist Report (2)
- Research the web and find an appropriate incident related to either a successful or failed penetration testing effort
- Please help with homework