Diversity Research Assignment
Diverse Population Class
Diversity Research Assignment
You will research diversity competent practice with a diverse and disadvantaged and/or oppressed population (your definition of this can be broad – e.g., some groups that could be considered include those with developmental or other physical/mental challenges; sexual or ethnic minorities; older adults; men, because they often aren’t a focus of practice). The goal of this assignment is to assist you in using the social work literature to identify techniques and strategies supported by research in working with diverse groups.
What you need to do:
1. Locate one journal article, book, or professional paper that describes some aspect of social work practice addressing your chosen population. You might begin by looking at the bibliography for the text. In addition, you can consult the computerized databases in the library (e.g., PsycINFO, Social Sciences Abstracts).
2. Read the article and identify one technique or strategy that the author(s) suggests will be helpful in working with this population.
3. Prepare a brief, two to three page, written summary of the technique and a critique of the author’s research. In your review, address the following (5 points each):
a. What does the author suggest are the main clinical or other issues facing this population?
b. Describe the approach suggested by the author(s). Include comments on the extent to which the approach allows for consumers to determine their own goals and options and make their own decisions.
c. Does the author cite any research or study that supports his/her suggestions?
d. What are some of the limitations to using this approach, particularly for this population (e.g., Is it appropriate? Does is limit empowerment, person-directedness in achieving goals, solutions, etc.? Might it reinforce stereotypes/oppression? Is it an evidence-based approach?)?
e. Are there any ethical considerations in using this approach?
f. Would you be comfortable using this approach? Why or why not? Include in this any critique you might have of the approach based on your knowledge of the population, research methods, theory, etc., or any values conflicts you might have personally.
g. What did you learn about this population? Did what you learn change any previously held beliefs, values, ideas, stereotypes, etc. about this population? How?
h. Be sure to include a full citation for the article you used.
Please build on the following info;
Do black and white women have the same privileges at the work place?
Landry, M. (2015). Women at work in an American retail department store. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=edsndl&AN=edsndl.oai.union.ndltd.org.PROQUEST.oai.pqdtoai.proquest.com.1591603&site=eds-live
McLaughlin, M. (2007). Women in the Crowd: Gender and the East St. Louis Race Riot of 1917. Studies in the Literary Imagination, 40(2), 49. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=edb&AN=33947681&site=eds-live
Holmes, T. E. (2015). Black Women @Work. Essence, 45(12), 77–78. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=aph&AN=101628933&site=eds-live
- Rosie September
- Prof. Esmeralda
- Quickly answer
- Guruu Math
- Terry Roberts
- quality work for all
- university work
- Paula Hog
- Wendy Lewis
- Dr. Beneve
- Dr Candice_2547
- Urgent Tutor
- wizard kim
- Catherine Owens
- Bizzna tutor
- brilliant answers
- All Works solver
- Jessica Luis
- RESPECT WRITER
- Jenny Boom
- Emily Clare
- work solutions
- Rey writer
- Academic Mentor
- Emily Michael
- nadia tutor
- kim woods
- MathStat Genius
- phyllis young
- Miss Professor
- Eva Green
- Casey Celia
- Dr. Elahi
- prof avril
- Angelina May
- Homework Pro
- Saad Fahim
- tk pro gal
- Tabassum Bilal
- Research Paper Outline Instructions This assignment will enable to you to begin work on the Research Paper. It will also allow...
- ECO365 Current Market Conditions Competitive Analysis (
- help me on my assignment
- Nevermind, I finished it myself, thankyou.
- American Government and Public Affairs
- The Middle Ages: A quick Historical Background
- Primus Corp. is planning to convert an existing warehouse into a new plant that will increase its production
- Conflict between Performance Evaluation
- Reflective Questions the Presentations