Discussion question due tonight
Personal Development Self-Assessment Results
Read the Discussion Participation Scoring Guide to learn how the instructor will evaluate your participation in discussion activities throughout this course.
In this first discussion, let us evaluate, compare, and discuss our current communication-related skills and what we each would like to take away from this course. Complete Figure A.1, "Self-Assessment of Personal Development Needs," starting on page 411 of the Shockley-Zalabak text. Analyze the results of your assessment and share your answers to the following questions with your fellow learners:
- Where do your strengths currently lie in regard to communication competencies?
- What do you feel are your top three needs for development in communication competency?
- Explain why you feel it is important for you to gain mastery in these areas.
Post your discussion.
Respond to at least two other learners. When responding to each learner, consider the following questions:
- What struck you about the learner's post?
- How are your top three needs for development similar to or different from those of the learner you are responding to?
- Do you agree or disagree with the explanation the learner gave for with gaining mastery in his or her areas is important? Explain.
- Catherine Owens
- Miss Professor
- phyllis young
- Genuine Genius
- Rey writer
- KATHERINE BECKS
- professor Harvey
- Michelle K
- smart solver
- ANN HARRIS
- brilliant answers
- Julie Wayne
- Bill Tutor
- Prof Allan
- Tom mutunga
- nadia tutor
- kartel Perfect
- kim woods
- Dr. alesada