Fantasy GenreA. To prepare for this assignment, begin by reading this article on fantasy on author Pauline Dewan's "The Wonder of Magic" website https://childliterature.net/childlit/fantasy/index.html B. Watch all five videos below (or read the book) so that you can think about how each of the authors used elements of fantasy in their story.C. Choose one of the five books (or any children's fantasy picture book) and describe the elements that make it fit into the fantasy genre. Consider the seven elements below and give specific examples that describe the elements that apply to the book.D. In your replies to other people's posts, describe a Language Arts Activity to do with children based on the book that your classmate chose. Remember, your responses need to be at least 3-5 sentences so explain how and why you would do the activity to extend the learning fr om the book.
- magic: An example of magic is the Cheshire Cat's ability to disappear in Alice and Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
- otherworlds: An example of otherworlds is the chocolate factory in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Ronald Dahl.
- universal theme: (good versus evil, love, friendship, perseverance) An example is the friendship between Charlotte and Wilbur in Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
- heroism: An example is Pippi Longstocking in The Adventures of Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
- special character types: (fairies, giants, ogres, dragons, witches, unicorns and centaurs). An example is Tinkerbell in Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie.
- talking animals/animals that act like people (anthropomorphism): An example is the toy rabbit in The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
- fantastic objects: An example is Dorothy's red slippers in The Wonderful Wizzard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
Watch VideoThe Velveteen Rabbit: Told by Meryl Streep (Official Rabbit Ears Video)Duration: 6:10 User: n/a - Added: 12/18/07
- 2 years ago
- criminal justice post-trial process essay...need in 21/2 hours MST
- CIS 292 - Week 2 - Individual: Operating System Portfolio – Operating Systems Training Presentation
- Assignment 2: Enacting New Taxes
- Leadership paper Teacher Charles only
- JV project-tutor
- Human Nutrition Carbohydrates
- Research hostile work environments and how they affect employees.Describe what makes up a hostile work environment.Explain the various ways employees...
- Product Life Cycle
- Journal Assignment 2
- A workshop/Training to help women who are caring for their elderly parents to reduce stress