Discussion Help - Tiffany Casegavbekay3
Discussion: Using Research to Select a Therapeutic Modality
Imagine that some of your colleagues mention using cognitive behavior therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, and reality therapy. Your colleagues continue to say that based on their experiences, they really like these therapies and that they appear to work. Your instincts also tell you that perhaps they might be helpful for your client in your case study. However, from Week 1, you recall that experiences and instincts as sources of knowledge are quite limited because they are biased. Instead, it is important to utilize existing research and data to support your choices of interventions. Theory helps inform the evidence-based practice process that should guide social workers’ practice.
In this Discussion, you examine the research related to a therapy based on cognitive or cognitive behavior theory to determine its effectiveness.
- Recall the client from the case study you have been using in this course. You will apply your research for this Discussion to that client.
- Select one therapy from the following: cognitive behavior therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, or reality therapy.
- Conduct a search in the Walden Library for one peer-reviewed research study about the effectiveness of the therapy you selected.
- Note: You must select a study that has not already been used by a colleague in the Discussion. Each student is required to identify a unique research study.
- Remember when looking for studies to take into account your client’s age and developmental stage and presenting problem.
By Day 3
- Provide the reference for the study you found using APA guidelines.
- Briefly paraphrase, in 2 to 3 sentences, the methodological context (i.e., research method, how data was collected, and the instruments used) of the study and the findings.
- Evaluate the findings in terms of its applicability or appropriateness for the client in your case study.
- Determine whether you would use or not use the therapy you selected for the client in your selected case study (consider how culturally relevant it is, how aligned it is with social work ethics, etc.) and explain wh
- a year ago
- Amanda Smith
- Dr. Beneve
- brilliant answers
- michael smith
- Angelina May
- Catherine Owens
- RESPECT WRITER
- Dr R Judy Mark
- Terry Roberts
- kim woods
- Phd christine
- Ashley Ellie
- Proff work phd
- Miss Lily J.
- Rey writer
- Jen Tech1
- Creative Geek
- phyllis young
- Madam Josephine
- Bright Grades
- Mss. wendy
- Dr. Noor-ul-Amin
- Uncle J
- RonnieReagan PhD
- ACC 565 Week 10 Assignment 4 Letter to Client
- Case Study: Free Range food W5 – AMBA 610 - Organization Theory and Design Team Project Rubric (on-line sections) Assignment: Read the Free Range Foods case posted by your professor in the Week 5 discussion area.
- Organizational Consulting
- BBA 3310 Unit VI Assignment
- HI KINDLY RATE ME
- For ProfRubbs"
- Discussion Question
- Ann can I get these work by tomorrow morning. They are two separate works. check you message box for more info.
socw 6301 Discussion: Qualitative Research Questions
Research questions that lend themselves to a qualitative approach often address questions about how people construct meaning. In this way, …3 years ago
In this course, you will be asked to select one case study and to use it throughout the entire course. By doing this, you will have the opportunity to see how theories guide your view of a client and …9 months ago
socw 6060 wk9 Final Case Assignment: Application of the Problem-Solving Model and Theoretical Orientation to a Case Study3 years ago
Help with assignmenta year ago
Case Selected: Tiffany Bradley
As you have read, theory guides the conceptualization of the client’s problem and how social workers assess and intervene relative to the problem. …a year ago
Submit a 1- to 2-page case write-up that addresses the following:
3 months ago
- Map the client’s crisis using the five stages of the crisis.
- Describe the client’s assets and resources (in order to …
In this course, you will be asked to select one case study and to use it throughout the entire course. By doing this, you will have the opportunity to see how theories guide your view of a …17 days ago
Assignment: Application of Role Theory to a Case Study- Tiffani Bradley
This week, you will use role theory to apply to your chosen case study. In other words, your theoretical …a year ago
Different theories can be used to take a systems approach. For example, Bertalanffy’s General Systems Theory considers how a system is made of smaller subsystems that influence each other and …5 days ago