Discussion government 2305
Program-Level Objectives met with this assignment:
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Personal Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
Course-Level Objectives met with this assignment:
- Explain the origin and development of constitutional democracy in the United States.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the federal system.
- Describe separation of powers and checks and balances in both theory and practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legislative, executive and judicial branches of the federal government.
- Evaluate the role of public opinion, interest groups, and political parties in the political system.
- Analyze the election process.
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of citizens
- Analyze issues and policies in U.S. politics
Activity for Assessment:
For this discussion, you are going to research the founders intent with regards to the Electoral College, as well as why there is a growing movement to eliminate it. Watch the following video, do any extra research as necessary and then answer the following questions:
1.) Based on the video, what was the founders intent with the Electoral College? How does it actually work? What does the article suggest about this?
2.) In 2019, is this system still the best one for us or should popular vote determine our president?
3.) Are voters informed enough and participate at a high enough level for elections to just be based on popular vote? If no, then why? Why aren't we knowledgeable enough?
4.) How does the "winner-take-all" system impact our democracy?
5.) In your opinion, does the electoral college preventing democracy or tyranny? Why or why not?
6.) Lastly, what is the most recent update with regards to the electoral college? Do you agree with this decision?
Please be sure to meet the requirements for posting in the discussion board. For more specifics, please refer to to the directions provided in the Start Here tab in eCampus. Do not forget your works cited. Any required sources give in the discussion prompt is required to be included in your works cited. Any additional research must be included in your sources as well.
- Paula Hog
- professor mitch
- Colossal Genius
- RELIABLE PAPERS
- RESPECT WRITER
- Wendy Lewis
- Angelina May
- Dr shamille Clara
- brilliant answers
- Dr Candice_2547
- Homework Pro
- runge-kutta acer
- kim woods
- Doctor Okumu
- Brooklyn Milan
- Rey writer
- Glass House
- Terry Roberts
- Miss Professor
- prof avril
- jim claire
- Stano 001
- MathStat Genius
- HRM Legal Environment 5
- Project Management
- DUE tmrw
- Art history essay- 5 page critical essay about van gogh's painting "sunflowers" [Pin It] Choose any artwork from the period under study(ca. 1850 – the present) from any fine arts collection (Philadelphia Museum is, of course, the most accessible).
- Health Education
- risk management policy statement
- Assignment 21: Discussion—Motivating Employees Through Compensation and Benefits
- Deployment Specialists pays a current (annual) dividend of $1 and is expected to grow at 24% for two years and then at 4% thereafter.
- Current Monetary Policy
- Please read the form I post and write a essay about it