Discussion Due Tomorrow!!!!!Veronica27
*Directions for a complete post:
What is your "take-away" from reading and studying the book of Job?
Consider the issues we covered and then write about one insight or "take-away" from Job. Your response should have a thesis statement that is developed using sources from Job, and any of the secondary literature: Harris, Newsom, Perdue, Wiesel, and Davison ("Not the Last Word on Job" presentation). Length 200-400 words. Comment substantively on two posts of classmates.
Issues in Job (You are not limited to these topics.)
What are the translation difficulties of Job's response in 42:6 and how do they result in contradictory understandings of Job's final words? How do you think Job has spoken rightly, or what is right (42:7)
Theodicy—Is God just? If God is all good, why do the innocent suffer? If God is all powerful, why doesn’t God prevent the suffering of the innocent” Are these issues resolved in the book of Job? Explain.
“There was once a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job. That man was blameless and upright, one who feared God and turned away from evil” (Job 1:1). According to the book of Job, what does it mean to be blameless, upright, to fear God and turn away from evil? Your answer should be based on the entire book of Job, not the first three chapters. Take into consideration all of the important elements in Job 42 (see presentation, "Not the Last Word on Job")
The question of “disinterested piety”— What is disinterested piety? Is Job faithful only because God has richly blessed him? How did Job change between his first set of losses and the second set (loss of his children, health, and honor)?
Mixed genres. What is the relationship of the middle poetic dialogue to the didactic prose story that begins and ends the book?
- 8 months ago
- For prof. vincent only!!!
- Assignment 2.
- excel project for mitchelle
- statistic Assignemnt
- FOR AMERICAN TUTOR ONLY: Help w/ Questions - DUE MONDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2016, NO LATER THAN 12:00 P.M. PDT
- Select an issue from the following list: nursing shortage and nurse turn-over, nurse staffing ratios, unit closures and restructuring, use of contract employees (i.e., registry and travel nurses), continuous quality improvement and patient satisfaction, a
- PHYLLIS YOUNG
- AN ESSAY IN ENGLISH LITERATURE .
- ASSIGNMENT Theater 3 -A
- Homework on Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome)